8 Recipes That Turn Your Favorite Comfort Foods Into Guilt-Free Healthy Options

And no... french fries aren't a vegetable serving.

24

When you're caught up in the heat of the busy season, the last thing you want to do is make a salad. Or worse, pay $12 for a salad at a health food store. (Seriously, why are salads so expensive?)

You want real food. You want that take-out pizza with breadsticks and Chinese food with extra soy sauce. As we all should live healthier lifestyles, it's never a morally sound decision to decide to eat your favorite foods without any regrets. You're in luck.

Thanks to the magic of mom-bloggers, these crafty parents have created healthier versions of your favorite comfort foods. While it's not quite as easy as popping into that cool Italian place down the street, these tasty meals will satisfy your health and your heart.

1. Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Chocolate (zucchini) cupcakes- dairy free

www.pinterest.com

Who doesn't love muffins in the morning or for an afternoon snack? Those suckers are basically cupcakes. Luckily this version includes zucchini, which is a vegetable, which is good for you! Snack away, friends.

2. Popsicles

These kid-approved popsicles have a secret and parents love it. Hidden Veggie Power Pops are the perfect s… | Kids DIY projects, crafts, and activities | Pinterest | Recipes, Healthy Snacks and Snacks

www.pinterest.com

Popsicles are easy to make and a tasty treat. Skip the midnight ice cream binge and enjoy a taste of one of these babies.

3. Pizza Rolls

Spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, carrots, and bell peppers are all included in this recipe. Your kids will love every bite! | Dinner Ideas in 2019 | Pinterest | Veggies, Recipes and Food

www.pinterest.com

If you're hosting your annual watch-the-Bachelor girl's night, this is the perfect party food to serve!

4. French Fries

A delicious and healthy alternative to regular fries. Baked not fried. #kidsfood #healthykidsfood #healthyfries #babyledweaning #blw | BLW and Weaning in 2019 | Pinterest | Healthy meals for kids, Healthy snacks for kids and Healthy

www.pinterest.com

I love fries more than most guys, but these fries taste just as good with double the health benefits.

5. Quesadilla 

Loaded Veggie Quesadilla

www.pinterest.com

Your mom used to always hide your vegetables by smothering them in cheese. Now, you can too!

6. Healthier Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese

Healthier Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese

www.pinterest.com

I'm sorry, did you say BUFFALO CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE? Can I get three servings?

7. Breakfast Banana Split

Breakfast Banana Split

www.pinterest.com

Breakfasts don't have to be boring anymore! Plus, this will be Instagram story cute.

8. Cookie Dough Milkshake

Cookie Dough Milkshake. Skinny style! This dairy free and healthy shake is the perfect way to cool down this summer! Vegan and Glu… | Dessert Recipes | Pinterest | Milkshake recipes, Milkshake and Dairy free

www.pinterest.com

This is vegan, gluten-free and way healthier than Johnny Rockets. (We still love you, Johnny).

9. Healthy Panckes

Pin by Kristine's Kitchen on ""Best Ever Light & Skinny Recipes"" | Pinterest | Pancakes, Recipes and Breakfast

www.pinterest.com

Pancakes cure all problems. Well most problems.

25 Paleo Friendly Recipes

25 Paleo Friendly Recipes

www.pinterest.com

You don't even have to be paleo to love these. With food as good as this, I could be paleo.

11. Sesame Chicken

Sesame Chicken

www.pinterest.com

Because a life without Chinese food is a life I don't want to live.