When you're caught up in the heat of the busy season, the last thing you want to do is make a salad. Or worse, pay $12 for a salad at a health food store. (Seriously, why are salads so expensive?)
You want real food. You want that take-out pizza with breadsticks and Chinese food with extra soy sauce. As we all should live healthier lifestyles, it's never a morally sound decision to decide to eat your favorite foods without any regrets. You're in luck.
Thanks to the magic of mom-bloggers, these crafty parents have created healthier versions of your favorite comfort foods. While it's not quite as easy as popping into that cool Italian place down the street, these tasty meals will satisfy your health and your heart.
1. Chocolate Zucchini MuffinsChocolate (zucchini) cupcakes- dairy free
Who doesn't love muffins in the morning or for an afternoon snack? Those suckers are basically cupcakes. Luckily this version includes zucchini, which is a vegetable, which is good for you! Snack away, friends.
2. PopsiclesThese kid-approved popsicles have a secret and parents love it. Hidden Veggie Power Pops are the perfect s… | Kids DIY projects, crafts, and activities | Pinterest | Recipes, Healthy Snacks and Snacks
Popsicles are easy to make and a tasty treat. Skip the midnight ice cream binge and enjoy a taste of one of these babies.
3. Pizza RollsSpinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, carrots, and bell peppers are all included in this recipe. Your kids will love every bite! | Dinner Ideas in 2019 | Pinterest | Veggies, Recipes and Food
If you're hosting your annual watch-the-Bachelor girl's night, this is the perfect party food to serve!
4. French FriesA delicious and healthy alternative to regular fries. Baked not fried. #kidsfood #healthykidsfood #healthyfries #babyledweaning #blw | BLW and Weaning in 2019 | Pinterest | Healthy meals for kids, Healthy snacks for kids and Healthy
I love fries more than most guys, but these fries taste just as good with double the health benefits.
5. QuesadillaLoaded Veggie Quesadilla
Your mom used to always hide your vegetables by smothering them in cheese. Now, you can too!
6. Healthier Buffalo Chicken Mac and CheeseHealthier Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
I'm sorry, did you say BUFFALO CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE? Can I get three servings?
7. Breakfast Banana SplitBreakfast Banana Split
Breakfasts don't have to be boring anymore! Plus, this will be Instagram story cute.
8. Cookie Dough MilkshakeCookie Dough Milkshake. Skinny style! This dairy free and healthy shake is the perfect way to cool down this summer! Vegan and Glu… | Dessert Recipes | Pinterest | Milkshake recipes, Milkshake and Dairy free
This is vegan, gluten-free and way healthier than Johnny Rockets. (We still love you, Johnny).
9. Healthy PanckesPin by Kristine's Kitchen on ""Best Ever Light & Skinny Recipes"" | Pinterest | Pancakes, Recipes and Breakfast
Pancakes cure all problems. Well most problems.
25 Paleo Friendly Recipes25 Paleo Friendly Recipes
You don't even have to be paleo to love these. With food as good as this, I could be paleo.
11. Sesame ChickenSesame Chicken
Because a life without Chinese food is a life I don't want to live.