Thoughts Everyone Has As They Graduate College

Tis the season for all those wonderful graduation articles.

68

As I approach the end of my Undergraduate career, I have noticed some common themes among my thoughts towards graduating and heading into the real world with my degree.

1. Nervousness 

Or you could say "nervous as heck". As prepared as I am, there is only so much that can be learned and experienced within the four years at a university. I've learned that it is okay to be nervous. I mean, there is a lot to be nervous about, but remember, you have been training for this job for at least four years. Know that it is okay to be nervous, but recognized the skills you have learned over the past four years have prepared and equipped you for the career you are about to enter.

2. Curiosity 

Curious about the future is common at any age.I am curious about what kind of job I am going to get and where it is going to take me. Curious about what life really looks like when you are no longer in school and no longer have assignments that need to be turned in weekly. Just curious.

3. Excitement 

Excitement. Four years of hard work has been leading to this moment and I can't wait to walk across that stage and receive my degree and walk into my calling, officially. I don't know what the future will hold, but I am so excited for it.

4. Lots Of Work

I have poured blood, sweat, tears and many hours into making this happen. Countless breakdowns and late nights have lead to this. It has not been easy in the slightest, but I am proud of all of the hard work I have down to get here.

5. Emotional/Sentimental 

Anyone who knows me knows this: I am an overly emotional person. I start to get teary-eyed the moment I hear the crack in someone else's voice. I have been emotional and sentimental as I say my goodbyes and pack up my dorm room for the very last time.

As my time as a college student comes to an end I'll leave you with this, I have been extraordinarily blessed to know and love the people and the place I have been over the course of four years. I truly could not have imagined being at a better place and having better friends to walk through one of the most challenging seasons of my life with.