Why Glasses Are Better Than Contacts

I'm The Girl Who Would Rather Wear Her Glasses

I'd take wearing my glasses over anything.

221
Ariana Pelosci

Everybody who wears glasses knows the everyday struggle. You can't see anything without them. At the end of the day, they just become another accessory.

Most people hate the sight of their glasses on their face. They prefer to wear contacts, or even to not see at all. I have never been one of those people.

I never really wore makeup, so with glasses on my face, it added something more. You can pick any style or color and completely transform your personality. I find that to be the best part about wearing glasses.

Of course, there are times that require wearing contacts such as important events or when sitting on the beach. But if I can pass by every day by just putting my glasses onto my face and walking out the door without the fuss, I'll take it.

There are some downsides to wearing glasses. They aren't just there for fun or to make your face look better. I am wearing them for a legitimate reason.

Sometime smudge marks randomly appear, and there is no way to get rid of them. No matter how many times you clean them, a smudge mark will always appear. It's just a fact of life about wearing glasses.

Another inconvenience is that you can never lay down while wearing them. They ride up the side of your face or push the frames into your face. There isn't a win in this situation.

Over the years of wearing them, they have become apart of my personality. I love the feeling of trying on my brand new pair of glasses or getting compliments about how they look on my face.

If you have to add something so important to your life, you might as well give yourself a confidence boost. Some may say you're hiding behind them or that you should wear contacts more, but you shouldn't listen to them. Do what makes you most comfortable.

Wear your glasses with pride. They represent a part of you. They are a part of you.

So yes, given a choice I'd rather wear my glasses than put on makeup and contacts. It's just who I am, and I don't mind it one bit.