Falling to fast
relationships

To The Girls Who Fall Too Easy

I know the fear of rejection keeps my words mute and the fear of the unknown keeps my actions rigid.

143
To The Girls Who Fall Too Easy
https://unsplash.com/photos/Wdp707zQu2w?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText

Dear those who have fallen,

We all know the feeling too well. The sense of comfort and warmth that fills us up inside whenever they are near. The bubble of excitement when we get to spend time with them. They have the ability to change our entire moods with the word hello. But they don't understand this, do they?

If you're like me, then even though you know you get attached easily, you try to prevent falling at all costs. And 9 times out of 10 you fail. You meet someone and you think they're pretty cool and chill. Then you start hanging out with them. Things are going good, you've made a new friend and you enjoy spending time with them.

After some time, you start to notice a change. Whether this is an actual change or just one that you can see, you start to see things differently. Maybe you guys start flirting, or maybe he's making subtle hints. Either way, you start falling without even realizing. Suddenly you're laughing more and smiling more. By the time you realize what's happening it's too late.

You try to back out. Try to take your heart out of the equation because it never ends well, but it's no use, you're already invested. From this point on you are constantly checking every notification on your phone, hoping it's him. Every song reminds you of him somehow. The sappy love songs you wish you could call your own. The sad songs that remind you he's not yours. The fun upbeat songs that make you wish you were dancing with him. Everything in your mind quickly turns to "him".

We sit and torture ourselves over the possibility of everything that could happen. All of the "what if's" circling in our minds driving us crazy. Knowing its not right, but getting mad over little things. Little things like taking too long to answer us, or being so confusing and sending a million different mixed signals. We question ourselves trying to figure out if we say something or keep it inside and wait for the outcome. Knowing that if we say something we risk rejection, but knowing if we stay silent we risk the loss of something that could have been.

I know personally, I wait and see what is to come and what falls in place naturally. I stay silent when maybe I should speak up. I know the fear of rejection keeps my words mute and the fear of the unknown keeps my actions rigid. Some of you may not be like me. Those of you who are extroverted and not afraid to fall. I applaud you and I salute you. Your bravery keeps the world turning. But for those of you who are just as afraid as me, it's okay. It's okay to let things be as they are. It's okay to find that spark of confidence and make a move. It's okay to get rejected. You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.

The world is full of what if's and scary factors to make you say no, but why not stand up and defy the norms and say yes? Take a breath. Take a chance. And stand up to that fear. It is okay to fall easily. It is okay to fall fast. No one can tell you how to live except yourself. Remember that you are in charge. Take control of your love life and don't let go.