For The Girls Who Are 'Too Much'

For The Girls Who Are 'Too Much'

"She was one of the rare ones, so effortlessly herself and the world loved her for it."

1536
For The Girls Who Are 'Too Much'
Nina Uhlíková

The girls who feel like they're too much, you know exactly who you are.

You're someone who can't sit still, can't stop talking, and have this larger than life personality. You have a million different quirks that make you, you and there probably isn't a single person you can name that is similar in your ways. You always felt different than your friends because you're just too passionate, too fierce, just too...much. Your feelings are strong and you are the kind of person who jumps through hoops for people. You fall down, you're clumsy, you laugh at the stupidest jokes, and you have this certain spirit about you that is hard to crush.

You're simply too intense for some people. You go all in, you don't settle for mediocrity. You try your hardest while maintaining the purest of intentions. Nothing ever feels good enough for you. You always feel that you did something wrong, even when you were in the right. You're your own worst critic but no one would ever know that.

When you love, you love with all your heart. You fight until the very end because you simply don't give up. You always give the benefit of the doubt and you will never settle for anything less than your all. You chose to see the absolute best in people and second chances? Try third, tenth, twentieth chances.

You care for people. You would do anything that someone asks you to do because you truly believe that all people have the same heart that you do. There is no ocean you wouldn't cross or mountain you wouldn't climb.

You are so full of life and bursting with vigor and spontaneity. You wrote the book on what it means to be outgoing. You have fun and make the best out of every situation; so optimistic and hopeful. You are a true ray of sunshine, lighting up every room you enter and brightening the days of anyone you cross paths with. You know what it means to live life to the fullest and you never take yourself that seriously because what have you got to lose? This is what people love about you, you really are the life of the party.

But you wear yourself thin and burn yourself out. You tire easily after a long day. The weight of the world is always upon your shoulders. You have so much to give to others that you often forget to save some love, care and forgiveness for yourself.

You find yourself hurting. You ache for those that are suffering in any way, shape, or form. You find yourself upset about other people's problems and bad situations. You blame yourself for everything. You don't understand why people don't treat you the same way you treat them and it stings.

You're told to shut up and calm down and to relax. You are called annoying often. Now you can't even mutter a single sentence about something you like without saying you're sorry. In fact, "I'm sorry" just may be the most used words for someone like you. You'll feel like no one is listening to you as you jump from topic to topic, simply because your mind works at a lighting pace. You can't make decisions because you learned somewhere down the road that you're opinions never truly mattered because they change so often and you just want it all.

You don't really fit into a "once size fits all" category. You're more than that. You have so many different sides to you and so many contradicting thoughts and interests that you sometimes feel lost within yourself. Who are you really? Because when you think about it, are you too much of anything or are you really just a little bit of everything?

There are people out there that will criticize you for being "too much," burning too brightly, and being too loud. You will feel ashamed and embarrassed and as if there is something wrong with YOU. But there's not. Some simply can't even handle themselves, let alone you. Some people can't handle your heart and your mind and that is simply their loss. For the amount of apologizing you do, never apologize for being yourself.

On the contrary, there are people out there who admire this way about you. There are people who wish they could be like you, who would love to go the extra mile and do something that might terrify them. There are also people who can reciprocate your spirit and flatter you in ways some people fail to. There are people who adore every single side of you, who love all of the amazing qualities that you have. There are people who can handle you and keep you tame without impeding on the way you are, who can love you but keep you wild. Spend your days around these people who would never dream of changing the way you already are. Being "too much" is a precious gift, a blessing and a curse. I guarantee that you are the type of person someone never forgets. So keep being a beautiful, messy, crazy whirlwind of a person. Keep your mind cluttered with amazing thoughts and your heart full of love and joy. You are truly one of the world's greatest kinds of people.

Because you are not, ever have been, or ever will be, too much.