The Best SoulCycle Instructors In Southern California

The ultimate list of instructors you must try.

162

Hi, my name is Lauren. I am 19 years old, and, according to my family and friends, I am addicted to SoulCycle.

In all seriousness, I am obsessed with spin-cycling and SoulCycle's unique twist on the workout. After taking 43 classes (and counting!), I realized that the instructor you take significantly impacts the class's vibe and key takeaway. Here is my list of some of the best instructors I've taken thus far in the Southern California area.

1. Maya Monza -- San Diego

Maya is one of the best instructors I have ever taken. Her class kicks your ass and offers 45 minutes of uninterrupted self-reflection time. Most importantly, she has taught me important lifestyle advice that enriches the way I live my life. I find myself slowly beginning to accept the unknown and acknowledging that everything happens for a reason--one of the first lessons I learned from Maya's Soul session. She is based out of the San Diego area and teaches at both SoulCycle La Jolla and SoulCycle Del Mar.

2. Dacoda Clarke -- Los Angeles

Dacoda is a fan-favorite of SoulCycle Instagram pages, and he holds a special spot in my suitemates' hearts. I find that his class is a great combination of sprints, resistance, and recovery. Like Maya, his class teaches you how to appreciate your body's capabilities. I am grounded whenever I clip into the bike to take his class, and I find myself pushing myself while jamming out to a killer playlist. Dacoda teaches all around the LA area, so make sure to book a bike next Monday at noon!

3. Claire Reneé -- Los Angeles

I took my first SoulCycle class with Claire, and her infectious spirit and kick-ass attitude inspired me to keep coming back to the studio. I find her classes to be a little more difficult than Maya's and Dacoda's, which is a good way to mix things up and keep them interesting. Claire is all about empowerment, and if you love R&B/Hip-Hop, make sure to book a bike at her Hip-Hop themed rides around the LA area.

4. Gunnar Sexton -- LA/SD

I've only taken Gunnar's class once, but I am so happy I did! Gunnar has an amazing attitude that will motivate you to turn that resistance up higher. He has some great theme classes (example, Jonas Brothers themed ride??) that had me wanting to book the next train back to San Diego. Gunnar teaches at a variety of studios including La Jolla, San Diego, Newport Beach, and Malibu just to name a few.

This list is definitely not exhaustive; however, if you're looking for a good spot to hop onto the SoulCycle bandwagon, here are some great instructors that will make your first ride memorable.