My Girlfriend Loves Me Already
relationships

Dear Boyfriend, Thank You For Loving Me, Even Though I Drive You Insane Sometimes

I know I drive you crazy.

1743
Madison Zegarlowicz

Listen, buddy.

I know I drive you crazy. Like, absolutely, positively, "Why am I with this woman?" crazy.

To name just a few of the qualities that get on your last nerve, probably: I skip the gym, I am easily distracted, and I ask at least once a day if we can get a dog even though we already have one.

So, sorry for those. I just a) am very tired after work and therefore don't want to work out and b) am very distracted especially when I see a cute puppy that I instantly ask you about.

Living together has been one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. It has allowed us to learn about each other in ways that I never thought possible. It was necessary for us to move forward, though, so I'm glad I took the step. (Even though I know you're probably annoyed over how much I complain about our house.)

Despite all those things, among others, that drive you up a freakin' wall, you stay with me and love me all the same. You chalk things up to the fact that those are the things that make me who I am.

You've decided to love me, regardless.

There are days where I hate everything about who I am. The things that make me imperfect are painfully apparent on those days and you and I both know I get emotional. Thank you for dealing with those moments and welcoming me with open arms when they do. It means the world to me that you are there to listen as I process what's going on inside my head.

Thank you for being the logical one on the days where I think with my heart. Thank you for bringing me down to earth when I start planning our wedding on Etsy. (15 years to go, remember?)

Thank you for going through it all with a smile after I told you we were getting pictures done even though you hate them. I love looking back at those, even though it makes you cringe every time. You did it for me, and I love you for it.

I know I am a handful. I'm not writing this to broadcast that fact, as it isn't something I'm proud of.

It is just who I am, and you handle it with grace.

Sorry in advance when I ask for another dog.

Love always,

Your Girlfriend