To The Girl With A Busy Schedule

To The Girl With The Busy Schedule

You will survive, most days.

75
https://www.flickr.com/photos/yourbestdigs/31176549183

Hello again!

This is a letter to the busy college girl from a busy college girl. As someone who works two jobs, is a full time student, and also writes a blog my life can be pretty hectic. So trust me when I say that I get where you're coming from. Especially when papers and projects all seem to be due within the same week and tests are all on the same day. Just try not to get too overwhelmed.

Self-care and self-love are very important for people. So if you're planner starts to look like your textbook; whether that be with the amount of words or the amount of pages, just remind yourself to take time for yourself. Read a book you enjoy, take a bubble bath, go for a run. Just do whatever it is that makes you happy, take time to relax and decompress from everything that's going on in your crazy life.

media1.giphy.com

if you do start to feel overwhelmed and you feel disorganized, try to sit down and prioritize your time if you don't do that already. Time management is key when it comes to living a full life. Some have to learn that the hard way and others it just comes naturally to them. Either way, save yourself from over booking your time by making multiple commitments. Sit down and divide up your time between different events or tasks that need to be done.

If you are one of those people who like to be busy, well, then all power to you. A lot of people out there prefer to not load up their lives with school, jobs, clubs, sports, and anything else you can think of. But, don't forget about your friends who are like that. While you may be busy they may want to find time to see you and hang out or go to the movies, whatever it is you guys do together. So just as you would build in time for yourself, try to build in time to go out with friends and do something fun. It'll help you unwind and it'll help in maintaining those friendships.

media2.giphy.com

You also should try your best to maintain a normal sleep schedule. It can be easy to slip into an all-nighter and be chugging a super large coffee for each meal the next day, but your brain needs the rest and quite frankly your body probably does too. You'll feel better mentally and physically if you always try to stay between six and eight hours of sleep. (says the psychology major). It will also help prevent you from getting sick as often. if you aren't sick then you can go to class and feel great. However, if you are sick, you can miss class and feel like poop for skipping or because you are truly sick and already feel that way. So put away the books and the pens and highlighters. Wash your face, brush your teeth, and go to bed.

School can be tough all on its own, don't let everything else going on keep you from living healthy both physically and mentally. You need to take care of yourself just as much as your homework and studies.

Until next week,

Another ADHD Student