Why I Like Having A Busy Schedule

Why I Like Having A Busy Schedule

Being busy has taught me how to use my time efficiently and how to keep organized.
5628

As a college student, you have a lot of control over your daily and weekly schedule. You get to choose how many credits you take, whether you have a job or not and how many hours you work, and how many clubs you are involved in. Some people try to minimize their workload so they have time to relax; they take as little credit hours as they can, aren't in any clubs, or work the minimum amount of hours they can. Other people seem to always be on the run; they always have assignments for class, work a lot, and are involved in multiple clubs. I have had a busy schedule every semester I've been in college, but I prefer it that way.

Some people may think it's crazy to try and book yourself as much as you can Monday-Friday, and maybe it is a little crazy. I prefer to keep busy because it keeps me occupied. When I have nothing to do for an extended period of time, it leads to boredom, and I get restless. Having a schedule full of class work, internships, a job, and extracurriculars keep me busy and on my toes.

Having a busy schedule also helps me with time management. I've found that when I have large amounts of free time, it's easier to fall into the pit of procrastination and putting things off. However, when I have a full schedule, I don't have time to procrastinate; I have to stay on top of my schedule in order to complete everything. Being busy has taught me how to use my time efficiently and how to keep organized.

Does being so busy get stressful? Absolutely. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all I have, especially during exam periods. But I make sure to take a step back and take a break once in a while.

Having a busy schedule may not be for everyone, and that's fine. I just prefer to keep my days busy and have a set structure during the week.