To The Girl Who Loves Deeply, Don't Let One Breakup Change That

The ability to love so wholeheartedly is a beautiful thing.

514

Let me explain to you what it's like to love deeply. We are different than everyone else. We pour love into everything and everyone and never stop. We pour out our love until we are empty and everyone else is full. When you love deeply, you don't know how to stop giving. It's impossible to stop because it's who we are. We always try to help others, no matter how much it hurts us. It's one of the most beautiful things about loving deeply, but it is also one of the most dangerous. For when you love deeply, you also hurt deeply.

Those who love deeply have a special fire within them. We use that fire to light up the darkness we see in others. Our fire spreads to people who need it, but only temporarily. These are the people who only say they love you, for they see your fire and recognize they do not have their own. These are the people who will take as much of your fire as possible, leaving you only with a few glowing embers to rebuild yourself with.

There is a vicious cycle we seem to fall into and cannot escape. We love, we give, we end up empty. Over and over again this happens, almost as if we do not recognize the pattern. We do. We recognize the pattern. We recognize it all too well, but we can't help it. You see, we give and give and give because we don't understand how others could do the opposite. It doesn't make sense that some people take and take and take without giving anything in return.

We get stuck loving people we shouldn't love because we think we need to help them. We feel like we have no choice but to fill them up. So, time after time, we fill them up, and then they leave. Then we hurt. We hurt so badly. We feel inadequate, not good enough to keep someone. All our giving only created someone who finally felt good enough about themselves that they could leave us. Yet, we rebuild ourselves because we know it wasn't a waste. We helped someone. We gave and gave until they didn't need us to give anymore. So, we keep giving, just to someone new who needs it.

As much as this is terrifying, it is beautiful. It is amazing to be able to spread love everywhere. It is genuinely a gift that so many people are not lucky enough to have. This is why I encourage you to keep loving deeply, no matter how many times you get hurt. You have the incredible power to lift others up, to light their fire. You are a giver and you should embrace that. One day you will meet someone who stops taking. You will meet someone who, like you, is a giver. This is the day your fire will shine bright and never dim. But until then, don't put your fire out. As defeated as you may feel, keep going, and keep giving. Because loving deeply is a trait so few people experience, but we are so lucky to have.