Ghosting And Ditching Is Immature
relationships

To Those Who Ghost and Ditch, Grow Up

Self-confidence is something that you need to have to world of dating.

42
To Those Who Ghost and Ditch, Grow Up

Self-confidence is something that you need to have to world of dating. You have to display that you have to display this confidence through text, Snapchat, Instagram, and any other social media out there. But, one way that your confidence can take a massive hit is being ditched on a date.

Up until I got to college I had never been ditched before, yeah I had been on plenty of bad dates where nothing is going right and clearly, there is nothing in common with the other person. That's completely ok, it truly is like that sometimes.

Being ditched I can honestly say is soul crushing. There can't be a worse feeling. We went to Starbucks and sat down everything was great! We were talking and laughing like we were doing so easily through text. We get there, sit down, and I go up to order my coffee then I turn around and she was gone. No explanation, no text, no Snapchat, nothing. She blocked and deleted me from everything so there was no way I could contact her.

I could feel the stares in the room, there were a few people who looked over at me and could see my blank face and confusion. Some others chuckled and thought it was just a joke, but it was far from it. I sat and waited for a few minutes, but I took the hint that she wasn't coming back. Honestly, one of the most embarrassing moments of my entire life.

Maybe I was too confident or was it something I said or did? Those thoughts were jumping, leaping, running, and dancing all through my mind. My self-confidence took a mean right hook and honestly I never felt more alone.

This is the type of culture we live in now. Ghosting and ditching with no explanations. This isn't just something women do, men are just as guilty. People just honestly do not care when they do this. It is a clear sign that you have no respect for the person, you're selfish, and at the end of the day are not a very good person.

Think about the person you are doing this to, I know for them it's really hard. You make the other person feel worthless, lonely, and put them into a state of sadness that is hard to climb out of.

Again, I know it hard for people who display this behavior to understand what I'm saying, but hey if you weren't having a good time just let him or her know! Don't leave them guessing, be honest and it will make the situation that much easier to walk away from.

Maybe this is just me voicing my issues and you can call me whatever you want. I just want to look out for those who have gone through being ditched and ghosted with no reasons told. It will be ok and don't give up. Stay confident ladies and gents. Love comes to those who are patient.

To those individuals who think that this type of behavior is ok, seriously grow up.