The Beginning Of My Happily Ever After Began In The Most Magical Place On Earth
relationships

The love of my life proposed to me in Disney World!

102
couple
Personal Photo

Melissa Brown's quote, "once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale," describes the best day of my life. I was in Disney World, "the most magical place on Earth." It was a summer day. The sun was high, and the sky was light blue. I could hear laughter and smell funnel cakes. It was already the perfect day. However, what made this day so incredibly special was when I heard the words, "Destiny Nicole Paris-Cartwright, will you marry me?"

It was July 11, 2018. Eric, my boyfriend, and I were in the Magic Kingdom. We had breakfast reservations at The Beauty and the Beast castle. The castle was beautiful. We walked in, and there was a stained glass window with Belle and the Beast dancing. After ordering our food, we sat at our table.

The dining area looked like the ballroom in the movie. The lighting was dim and chandeliers hung from the high ceiling. When looking out the windows, there were animated screens. The screens made it look dark outside and like fresh snow was falling. The romantic atmosphere made me feel grateful to be with Eric.

After Eric and I had finished our breakfast, he got up from the table to use the restroom. I began looking at the pictures we had taken during from our trip. All of the sudden, I felt someone pulling my phone from my hands. I looked up and saw Eric holding a plate with two gray cupcakes and a blue box containing a beautiful ring.

He sat the plate down on the table in front of me. Then he got down on one knee and said, "Destiny Nicole Paris-Cartwright, will you marry me?" At first I just nodded yes because I was overwhelmed with joy. Then he said, "Yes?" and I replied with, "Yes!" We Then he kissed me. After our kiss, the room filled with applause.

After a day filled with happiness and congratulations, Eric and I watched the "Happily Ever After" firework show. We had a perfect spot in the middle of the crowd. We could see the castle really well. I laid my head on Eric's shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my waist. Music erupted all around us while animations from our favorite Disney movies played on Cinderella's castle. Colorful fireworks shot into the air. This firework show was the perfect ending to the best day of my life.

On July 11, 2018, I said yes to the perfect person for me. He proposed in the most incredible way that I could have imagined. I am so excited to marry someone who makes my bad days good and my good days better. He makes me laugh when I want to cry and hugs me when I am angry. I cannot wait to marry him on June 6, 2021.