5 Reasons Eating Breakfast Everyday IS Important
food

I mean c'mon, who could resist this delicious meal!

48

I understand more than anyone what it is like to have a busy morning. I am often (okay, always) running late, usually forget at least one thing when I step out the door, and often feel like I don't have a minute to breathe. However, no matter how busy that my morning gets, I never skip the opportunity to eat something to fuel the start of my day. I can't say I always eat the most nutritious breakfasts- often a granola bar, bagel, or some kind of fruit that I can eat as I run to my first class. But no matter what, I make sure that I am able to get the most important meal of the day in, and here's five reasons why you should too.

1. You need energy!!

Eating breakfast in the morning gives you the energy to get through the rest of the day. Without food when you wake up, you tend to be sluggish and unable to focus on simple tasks. A little fuel and you'll be able to get through twice as much as usual.

2. It helps you lose weight

Believe it or not, people who eat breakfast tend to be skinnier than the average population. Why? Because you're eating something that your body has the whole day to burn off, versus eating later in the day and storing more fat.

3. It gives you time to take a breather

Okay, so maybe this isn't true if you're always running, but hypothetically breakfast should give you a chance to sit down and prepare yourself for the day. Or at least take two seconds to sit while you butter your bagel before running out the door.

4. There are lots of nutritious options

Breakfast foods consist of a lot of healthy foods such as fruits, yogurt, granola, and eggs. You could make something fancy like an egg white omelet, or something simple like avocado toast or a banana. Either way, you can find something you enjoy without breaking your diet.

5. It's delicious!!!

Personally, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. There's loads of fun and delicious options (especially if you aren't on a diet), so load up and enjoy!!