I Went To My First NFL Game And This Is What It Was Like

Embrace the rivalry.

452
Sports Information Traders

Last week, I went to my first NFL game to cheer on my beloved Packers and root against my boyfriend and his beloved Bears. I was upset that my first game wasn't in Lambeau but I was still super excited. I was expecting a lot of harsh words from Bears fans and I was obviously expecting it to be really cold.

The first I thing I did when I woke up was put on layers and more layers. Including three pairs of socks and three pairs of leggings. Then it was time to get on the train to go to the city. We were welcomed by more fans going to the game. The train ride was pretty exciting too. The majority of the people were drinking and talking about the history of the rivalry, as we listened and laughed while drinking boxed wine.

Once we got to the city, it was time to face the cold and go to the tailgate. Again, we saw more Packers and Bears fans. As I said before, I was expecting some fans to be rude because of past experiences I've had with rivalries, but I was so surprised. Maybe it was the alcohol, but all of the fans were getting along, dancing and talking, getting excited for the game. We had people offer us shots, and to stand in front of their fire to get warm. Everyone was overall in a great mood. The worst name I got called all day was a "Fudge Packer," which I had to laugh to.

When we were inside the stadium, it was cold, but bear-able. Ha. It was crazy to see thousands of people all happy to see their favorite players. It was awesome listening to the National Anthem, seeing people dress outrageous, the one guy with his shirt off of course, the heated bathrooms, and beer so cold it turned into slushies. Whenever someone would score, half of the audience would be cheering and giving high fives, while the other half sat down, hoping we would score on the next drive. I might have even been on TV.

Luckily, we got a really intense battle too. The game went down to the final seconds, ending 30-27. Even though the Bears lost, as everyone was leaving the stadium, we were all joking and agreeing on teams that we could all hate.

Although it wasn't Lambeau Field, it was still an awesome experience and awesome Christmas present for not just my boyfriend, but for me too. I had a sense great sense of pride that the Bears took the L and for my first time to see the Packers, being a win. Go Pack Go!