struggles of finding a job

8 Times Cheryl Blossom Described The Summer Job Search With Zilch Experience

Once you apply, there will be a reckoning

77
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Madelaine_Petsch_(35736267604)_(cropped).jpg
https://www.instagram.com/madelame/

Looking for a summer job with nothing under your belt can be tough, meaning a lot of the time, you'll get a lot of "double cherry on top no"'s.

Managing to scrounge together a presentable, yet tiny resume

And without having to pay some website to do it. However, the experience section is vacant aside from that one volunteer experience in high school. And people care about that more than your GPA.

Your skills scream office Job, but experience level and age scream Customer Service

I seriously need a degree to do menial office work? Even if all I do is make coffee runs and filing? Well, I suppose I could do that during an internship, but I'd like some extra cash for Study Abroad. Oh well... I guess customer service can't be as bad as people say.

Trying to decide which job site is best

Indeed? Monster? Well... SnagAJob makes you look better on a profile, though different jobs are listed on the others... Might as well check them all.

When you finally find something to apply to

You find something that requires little to no experience, as well as something you won't be too miserable in. But there's still the actual application and preliminary questions. Once that's out of the way, you can only hope you did everything right.

Waiting, Part 1: The Anxiety

What if you answered a question wrong? What if they're judging you for a lack of experience? What if they already tossed your application because of that? What if you just don't get the job?

Waiting Part II: Boredom

Okay, so part of the reason you wanted a job was the discovery last year that college summers are boring if you don't have anything to do. So now what? What to do while you're waiting?

Rejection

"We have selected candidates that more closely fit our business needs" "We are searching for someone more experienced in our area". They try to be polite, but they're all code for "No". It's disappointing, and you wonder if you'll ever find a job.

Repeat until successful

Who knows how long it'll take, but a summer job just isn't happening if you stop there. Just apply somewhere else and hope for the best. To my fellow new job hunters, I wish you luck.