Finding Happiness In Yourself

Finding Happiness In Yourself

When it comes to creating happiness, you have to do it for yourself.

34
Finding Happiness In Yourself
Spiro Spero

It has taken me a long time to learn that you can't rely on other people for your happiness. It may seem like a good idea to begin with, but at some point you begin to question why this other person made you so happy in the first place.

The only person who is always going to be there for you, no matter what, is yourself. Nobody is ever going to come to save you and no matter how much you fantasize that this being you love is coming, you can't depend upon it to actually happen. I have realized that if I actually want to feel content, I need to make myself that way. Waiting around on someone else to do it for me is what has been getting me hurt all this time.

For the longest time, I can remember putting all my faith into some set person and hoping they would just do what it takes to keep me feel good. Of course this worked for a while but it is pretty selfish to expect someone to live their life in a manner that makes you feel the most comfortable. When it comes down to it, everyone needs to make their own choices. Those choices that we are making are no one else's business and you should not feel surprised when someone else does something that does not follow your plan.

Now that I have finally realized that only I can truly control my own feelings and emotions, I am working on actually doing that. It is one thing to come to a realization and another thing to actually make changes in your life. Although what others are doing can affect they way you feel and think, you need to be able to feel and think for yourself.

What will happen to you when the person you have been relying on for so long is suddenly gone? Your happiness is gone too. This is very important to understand and also very difficult to understand. Once you finally figure this out, I promise it will change your life.

Relying on someone else for your own well being is like expecting someone to open a door for you each time you walk up to it. Even though this is ideal and sounds nice, it is definitely not going to happen every single time. Likewise, you cannot expect someone to bring you joy with every decision they make. After all, that decision is supposed to bring them the most joy overall.

Life will throw you on the ground and throw you right back down the second you try to get up. All you can do is keep trying until your feet are firmly planted; and even then you are still going to get knocked down again. It is great to have good friends around to boost your confidence and help you make the difficult decisions that you can't figure out yourself. When it comes down to it, you are the ultimate decider and what you do with your life is completely up to you.

That being said, expecting someone else to always be there and always do what you want them to do is a little irrational. If you want something done right, do it yourself. Do not wait around on someone else to do it for you or it may never get done. If you want to be happy, make yourself happy. Find someone who helps you be happy but never make someone create all the happiness for you.