Beyoncé really said it all with, "Who run the world? Girls." But here are 19 more feminist quotes to inspire and empower us girls who run the world.
1. “I am the hero of this story, I don’t need to be saved.”
2. "The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before."
3. "She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future."
4. “Why don’t you tell me ‘if the girl had been worth having, she’d have waited for you?’ No, sir, the girl worth having won’t wait for anybody.” –F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
6. "So much hope for the world may be found in the hands of a brave young woman."
7. "If you live off a man's compliments, you'll die from his criticism." –Cornelius Lindsey
8. “My coach said I ran like a girl. I said if he ran a little faster, he could too.” –Mia Hamm
9. “For most of history, ‘Anonymous’ was a woman.”
10. “It is not my responsibility to be beautiful. I’m not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.” –Warsan Shire
11. “Teach girls to be somebodies, not somebody’s.”
12. “Mother Teresa didn’t walk around complaining about her thighs. She had shit to do.” –Sarah Silverman
13. “She needed a hero, so that’s what she became.”
14. “What is a queen without her king? Historically speaking, more powerful.”
15. “It started with a call from Amy Pascal. She asked if I wanted to play a Bond girl. I said, ‘No, but I would like to play Bond.’” –Angelina Jolie
16. "Confident women don't hate."
17. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” –Maya Angelou
18. “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”
19. “Well-behaved women rarely make history.”