Why Family Is The Most Important Thing

Why Family Is The Most Important Thing

People who say they will always be there for you are not always there for you, but if it is two in the morning or four in the afternoon, I know I can always count on my family to be there.

92899
Why Family Is The Most Important Thing
Megan Bradley

Over the past 20 years of my life, many things have changed, including my friends, style, morals and jobs. With everything constantly changing around me, there is one thing that has always stayed the same: my family.

When I think about my happiest moments in life, they all involve my family. My relationship with my parents and siblings is something that I learn to treasure more and more every day. There are many important things in life, but the most important thing to me is family.

Your family is made up of people that bring out the best in you. Although you cannot choose your family, they are the people you can relate to the most. They are the people who are always cheering you on and truly want the best for you.

My family has made me who I am today. Without my dad pushing me to excel in school or my sisters forcing me to apply to Penn State, I would not be where I am today. They have challenged me, loved me and made me a better person. They have guided me through life and have constantly been my number one fans.

There has never once been a moment in my life where my family was not there when I needed them. They have been there with me through my best times, worst times and times where I did not think I had anyone. The more that I mature the more I come to the realization that people who say they will always be there for you are not always there for you. But if it is two in the morning or four in the afternoon, I know I can always count on my family to be there for me.

If I ever need a good laugh or cry I know I can always go to my sisters. They are not only my family but also my best friends, soulmates, role models and partners in crime. They know how to give the best advice and are always positive and smiling. Whenever I am having a bad day, I know I can count on them to brighten my mood or calm me down. They are truly two of the most beautiful people in the world, and their happiness gives me life.

Whenever I am stressed out or need advice, I can always go to my dad. My dad is my superhero. He is strong, intelligent, and sincere. He knows how to give the best advice and be the better person. He knows when I am stressed and need a reality check or when I am proud and need humbling. He has gotten me through the toughest times in my life and has made some of the best moments in my life possible. Without him, my life would be less colorful.

My mom is the person I go to for everything — and I mean everything. People sometimes make fun of me for talking to my mom six times a day, but if they knew our relationship, they would get it. My mom is gracious, kind, and full of life. She is the person that I call when I just need to talk. I can tell her everything, and she never judges me. She is truly an angel to my family and the best person I know.

Without each member of my family celebrating with me, crying with me, laughing with me and grieving with me, my life would simply not be the same. I would have no one to call at day-longs, no one to vent to, no one to share my accomplishments with, and most importantly, no one to love unconditionally.

Never forget the power of family. Make sure to thank your parents every day, call your siblings to see how they are, and cherish every moment you have with them. Without them, you would not be who you are today. Family is the best and most important gift in our lives, and it is important to embrace it every day.