If Your Fall Hookup Is More Trick Than Treat, You Need To Dump Him

Don't be afraid to say "Boy, bye"

179

With cuffing season almost upon us, it may seem tempting to start finding a serious relationship, snuggling in closer to the casual fling you've been hooking up with, and doing everything in your power to make sure you don't go into the holiday season #SingleAsAPringle.

However, there are some situations in which it's way more worth it to not take that next step, or even to keep up the path you're on with the person you're seeing. If you're not having fun the majority of the time, or if staying involved with this person is causing you more stress than it's worth, it's time to let him go.

Fall breakups can happen for a number of reasons. If he doesn't respect you and just sees you as a sex partner, unless it's mutual, of course, this isn't really someone you want to bring with you into the holidays. Think about it. Do you really want to buy a Christmas gift for someone who won't even buy you dinner? No, no you don't.

If your fall schedule is getting jam-packed with back-to-school and every other commitment and you won't have time for romance, especially if he doesn't understand that and keeps pressuring you to spend time with him anyway, it may be time to say goodbye. While summer is a great time for fun, low-stress flings, fall is the time you're going to either want someone who'll stand by you and understand the realities of day-to-day life or it may be better to just focus on yourself instead.

If your entire relationship exists in the basement of a frat party or in his crusty twin size bed, if he's always pressuring you to shave all your body hair or to perform some sexual act you're not comfortable with, if he won't introduce you to his friends or take you out on a real date, it's time to decide that you deserve better.

Wouldn't you rather snuggle up with a puppy or a genuinely nice guy as the seasons change? I know I would.

Carrying a relationship into the fall is about so much more than having someone to snuggle with when the weather gets cold. There's no room in the season for fuckboys and anyone else who makes your life a nightmare. Honestly, the only nightmare any of us should have to deal with is the fun one for Halloween. But if the guy you're with is a nightmare or more of a trick than a treat, don't be afraid to say "Boy, bye."