8 Tips To Keep the Stress Away and Boost Your Performance.

170
Starchaser-Helingarts

It's that time of the year again! Yay!

You have managed to make it through another year of never-ending essays, research papers, projects... so done with all that fun stuff, aren't you?

I bet you are already imagining yourself at the beach sipping on fresh coconut juice and enjoying the sun; or maybe sitting with your friends next to a campfire and singing your favorite jams to the accompanying guitar... M-m-m, them summer nights with no sleep and days with no troubles.

But, hold up! Let's rewind back to the reality. AH, final exams! ;-(

There is one last obstacle to overcome to get to summer; one last push you have got to make, and, unfortunately, it's the most stressful one.

No worries. I got you, fam! Here are some of the tips that will help you to keep your stress level down, so that nothing will prevent you from rocking your finals:

1. Get enough sleep. No all-nighters!!!

Do not underestimate your sleep. While you sleep, not only your body rests; your brain processes and sorts out the information you have learned during the day. An all-nighter will only result in a headache, weak concentration, and anxiety. Sleep for at least 6-7 hours.

2. Find some time to exercise.

Exercising is an excellent stress relief. Even just 20 minutes of working out will improve your overall well-being. Whether it is running or boxing, exercising will charge your brain with endorphins, give it some time to relax and shake all the nerves off. Plus, it's good for your muscles to not get sore from sitting in one position for a long time.

3. Eat wisely.

Remember: food is your fuel. Watch what you put in your mouth. No greasy or too sugary foods - they do no good to you mentally nor physically. If you want to perform better, you have got to eat good quality foods full with necessary nutrients. Add more vitamins to your diet! Whole grains, fruits, vegetables, berries. Good stuff.

P.S. fun fact - did you know that carrots and blueberries make you see better and perceive information sharper?

4. Treat yourself!

Good news to all chocoholics: chocolate makes you smarter! Not any chocolate, though. Dark chocolate is what you need; the darker - the better. Eating dark chocolate can improve your ability to learn, focus and remember. Another fun fact: one study reports that the morechocolate a country consumes, the more Nobel prize winners it has! So, eat some dark chocolate while studying (be moderate, don't overdose :P) and ace your exams!

5. Chew-chew.

Did you know the chewing-gum method of studying? It goes like that: you chew gum while studying and then chew the same flavored gum on your test. Your brain will associate certain information with the flavor, so you will remember everything! Crazy, huh?

6. Take breaks for better performance.

Some studies have shown that it is much more efficient to study in intervals with breaks in between. Study for about 30-45 minutes long, and then rest for 10-15 minutes. Stretch, walk around a little, breathe in some fresh air; and then get back to studying.

7. Drink more water.

Water is life. Don't you let yourself get dehydrated in such stressful period of time! When you do not drink enough water, you start feeling tired without a reason; your efficiency levels drop and it becomes a lot harder for your body to function. Be kinder to your body, help yourself by drinking 3-4 L (a gallon) of water daily. You will feel better and thus will perform better everywhere.

8. Keep your chin up!

Stay positive! Your thoughts attract events to happen. Do not predestine yourself to fail. Get rid of the "cannot" word in your vocabulary. If you create yourself a positive mindset, saying "I can do this!" - all the best will happen!

You got this. As long as you are giving everything you've got, you will rock it!