11 Things That Helped Me Survive My First Month Of College

Here are my top picks from my first month of freshman year of things that have helped me get through those long days, or make things convenient!

37

If you need some ideas of certain things to try, buy, watch, or listen to, check out these essential items I've been loving recently! From food to a show I love to binge, there's something in here for everyone.

The James Charles Palette

This is my master makeup go-to palette! Not only can I create any eye look I want, I can also highlight my cheeks, use blush, and even do a friend's makeup if I wanted.

Raspberry Lemonade from GCBC

Lucy Fields

Despite having my name spelled wrong on the cup twice (I forgive you, Roadrunner location!), my everyday order at GCBC here on campus at GCU is the raspberry lemonade! It's so refreshing and a drink to sip on while doing homework.

Gilmore Girls

I've recently decided to start watching Gilmore Girls again, and I am so glad I did! In between studies and outings with friends, I'm always down to cuddle up and watch Lorelai and Rory's hilarious antics. As of today, I am on season 5!

Laundry Backpack

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjw07HMpvrkAhWKsJ4KHR7WCEcQjhx6BAgBEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.target.com%2Fp%2Flaundry-bag-with-pocket-navy-room-essentials-153%2F-%2FA-51782469&psig=AOvVaw3yAoeLntt4xvb0m5WZMCmP&ust=1569993204529016

This is the perfect laundry bag to use as a hamper in the dorm and easy to carry to the laundry room! It's a great choice if you want something that won't take up a ton of space.

Wet Brush

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2846500/wet-brush-pink-camouflage-squirt-detangling-hair-brush.jsp

I find that using a wet brush is so helpful whether or not my hair is wet. It keeps my crazy hair detangled and having it in this cute pattern really makes it a cute thing to keep on my counter!

Soffe Shorts

https://www.amazon.com/Soffe-Juniors-Authentic-Short-Columbia/dp/B0134R4TWK/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=soffe+shorts&qid=1569907110&s=apparel&sr=1-7

I had to use these shorts for cheer practice in high school, but they are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn. They're made of super comfortable material and I practically live in them when I'm not in class or working! Not to mention, they're great for athletic wear!

Razor Scooter

https://www.amazon.com/Razor-A2-Kick-Scooter-Purple/dp/B073XQBR1H/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=razor+scooter&qid=1569907236&s=apparel&sr=8-4

All of my classes are very far from my dorm hall, so riding in style is the way to go! I feel like an elementary school kid sometimes while riding it, but I value efficiency over coolness factor.

Ariana Grande Cloud Perfume

As an avid fragrance fan, discovering this scent changed the game for me. I recommend trying it if you're open to experimenting with new perfumes!

Microwavable Macaroni and Cheese

I've always loved myself a good Kraft Mac N Cheese moment, but the convenience of this amazing microwavable meal has me living! I recommend giving these a go if you're wanting an alternative option from the traditional Ramen noodles.

Orange Red Bull

I discovered this drink at a Justin Timberlake concert, and I've been in love ever since! The flavor is great, and it keeps me going during homework once in a while!

The Backstreet Boys

This is self explanatory, right? I can't go a day without loving these guys!