10 Emotions You Can Either Let Consume You Or Fuel You

"Emotions make us human, denying them makes us beast."- Victoria Klein
136

We all have those days.

You know the ones where you're so upset or so angry that it seems like nothing can make it better. Then there are the ones where no matter what you do you don't feel any better.

An emotion is defined as a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others. You probably have felt all of the ones on this list at some point. Here are 10 emotions that you can let fuel you or consume you.

1. Heartbreak

I can say (from personal experience) that this is one of the harder ones because you often aren't aware of the emotion you have attached to something or someone whether it be a breakup or something else.

But sometimes heartbreak can end up being the best thing for you. It can become a time for reinvention, whether that's setting new boundaries, forgiving or taking a more active role in your life.

2. Pain or regret

Pain is necessary because it informs you that a change needs to be made. The best way to not let this emotion to consume you is to look at the overall end picture or goal.

Regret is the same. It's easy to say that we should "live life with no regrets" but actually putting this into practice is much harder.

3. Failure

Failure is definitely another one of the hard emotions to feel, especially when you feel int about yourself. It can potentially stop you from trying something again or doing something because you're afraid of failing.Next time you fail at something, no matter what it is, try again.

4. Disappointment

Everyone at some point or another will disappoint you and vice versa. It's inevitable. Instead of focusing on what caused the disappointment, try to focus on why you are disappointed.

5. Sadness

This one can coincide very easily with heartbreak. you can also feel sadness when leaving a pet, friend or relative that you may not see for a while. you can let it fuel you by really feeling the emotion.

6. Anger or hate

Everyone has felt anger at some point, sometimes more often then they care to admit. Anger can be an emotion that you hold onto and never let go.

To say you hate something or someone is strong. It means you dislike something or someone so much that you need a word better that dislike to describe it.

7. Jealousy

Jealousy seems like the most counterproductive feeling, and in a lot of cases, it is. It's an easy way to become bitter with the rest of the world.

So how do you combat it?

The trick here is to cut your jealousy off before it even attaches itself to someone or something else. You have every right to something that someone else has.

8. Betrayal

Somebody do something that you cant forgive no matter how hard you try? it could be a cheating significant other, a co-worker or friend stealing your idea— whatever it was it usually leaves you pretty upset.

9. Fear

Everyone has fear.

Fear of failing, doing something wrong and losing something that matters to you, not being enough (I've been there), and even fear of things like clowns or books.

10. Distrust

This one can weigh heavy if not dealt with right away. Once you lose trust for someone or something it can be hard to give it back. The same also goes if someone loses your trust.