9 People Share Their Most Embarrassing Date Stories

I Asked 9 People About Their Most Embarrassing Date Stories, And They Truly Made Me LOL

"I couldn't wait to get out of there."

19575

If you've ever been in the dating game, or currently are, chances are you've had a date gone wrong. These are often times super embarrassing, but they are always funny to look back on.

Here are some stories from other people, for your entertainment...

1. Paula, 27

"When I was in high school, a guy asked if I wanted to go to the movies that weekend. James Cameron's 'Avatar" has just come out and it was all anyone was talking about. He made it sound like a group thing, nothing unusual amongst our class and group of friends. It wasn't until I got there and saw that it was just the two of us and he had already paid for my ticket and popcorn that I realized I was on a date I had not known I'd agreed to. I didn't want to be rude and just leave, so I spent the almost 3-hour long movie avoiding his moves to try to hold my hand and making sure I wasn't giving off any potential signals he might have misread. It was so excruciatingly uncomfortable for me, and the worst part is neither of us were old enough to drive at the time, so I had no choice but to awkwardly wait with him for almost an hour afterward making small talk until my mom came to pick me up. I still cannot watch or even think about "Avatar" without feeling uncomfortable."

2. Anonymous, 22

"Met this guy online and decided to meet. He failed to tell me that he lied on his profile about his height (by at least 3-4 inches) and was bald. It was so bad that I didn't even recognize him when we met at the restaurant."

3. Margaret, 21

"I drove an hour to go on a date with a guy from Tinder. He seemed sweet, so I thought why not. He was really good at keeping conversation on Tinder, so I expected the date to go smoothly. Low and behold, it didn't. He sat there kind of looking around the room the whole time and I had to try to make conversation, and when I did, he would barely respond. It was awkward and the server could tell. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I didn't see him again after that and we stopped talking. Yikes."

4. Leigh, 30

"I went on my first date in over a year after a really bad breakup. I didn't tell my mom, who started frantically calling my friends when I didn't answer my phone (because I was trying to be in the moment at dinner), which then led to her calling the restaurant I was at...and the server came by to tell me that I needed to call my mom back. The guy and I never went out again."

5. Anonymous, 25

"A guy I met on a dating app took me on a date to a shopping mall. It turns out this is a horrible activity for a date with someone you barely know. We ran out of stuff to talk about super fast and so we just walked in and out of stores, looked at random stuff, but we didn't buy anything. I didn't want to try any clothes on because he was either going to have to just sit and wait for me or I would have to model the clothes for him, which was not appealing at all. The worst part though was when we went into LUSH. I let one of the employees demonstrate a super soft hand scrub on me. After she used the scrub on my hands, she looked at my date and asked if he wanted to feel how soft they were. He literally just poked my hand with one finger. It's safe to say we had zero chemistry and that was the last time we ever saw each other."

6. Mary, 27

"I was on a second date with some guy who I had a decent first date with. We went to see a movie and he was all over me the entire time. I was super uncomfortable, but I was giving him a chance. Until we got dessert. We started talking about education, and he claimed to know more about the education system than a public school teacher with a master's degree in education. The argument got so heated I stood up, told him to have a great night, and walked out on the date."

7. Michelle, 26

"I went out with the head of the marching band in my college for a bit (super nerdy I know), but he was very nice and cute and loved "The Office" so I was interested. We had planned to hang at my apartment so I could impress him with my homemade meal (I don't really cook). Anyway, I made an amaaazing dinner for the both of us and when he arrived he kinda mentioned how busy his week was with the band, school, and friends, but forgot to mention he was insanely sleep-deprived. We ate dinner and had great conversation. But I kept thinking that he was falling asleep while standing up and sitting down. Eventually, he was drooling on my kitchen counter and I just couldn't help but laugh and send him home so he could get some sleep. Two weeks later, I was the one getting ghosted. Oh, men. What can we do."

8. Lynda, 40

"I went to meet a guy I met on an app and he was not what I expected in person (very small physique). Within 10 minutes he asked me if I felt like I was feeling "too old and running out of time" to have kids. I was only 32 at the time. Then he made some snotty remarks about the gin I ordered and he held out his pinky finger to drink. Such a dork. I couldn't leave fast enough."

9. Marilyn, 21

"I don't know if I should share this one or not because it is EMBARRASSING to the maximum, but I will. I went on a date with this guy in a frat on my campus and we got drunk. Long story short, I threw up all over him. Non-stop for like, 5 minutes. I'm banned from going to parties at that frat now. Pro tip: don't puke on a frat guy"

Follow Swoon on Instagram.