Einstein Never Said That

Einstein Never Said That

To the girl that doesn't believe in Feminism...
234

In response to the author of the girl who doesn't believe in feminism, I don't think you have a full understanding of what Feminism truly is.

First of all, regardless of whether you're a first wave feminist or a "modern day feminist" -- that you liked to mention several times -- true feminists do not believe that boys are stupid or that they are better than any amount of men.

Moreover, your "argument" throughout the entire article lacks cohesiveness. You go from talking about us women and going back to quoting "Einstein." And by the way, it was William Golding who stated, "I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men; they are far superior and always have been." You couldn't even attribute the quote correctly, even though you identify as being superior. I am more than proud to be associated with modern day feminism.

Modern day feminism isn't the idea that women are better than men. Modern day feminism is the theory of the political, social, and economic equality of the sexes. I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that you attempted to base your article off of. Nowhere has feminism ever been the idea that it is the equality between genders (which is another conversation altogether.)

You say that you support what feminism used to be. First-wave feminism was when women were fighting for their right to vote. While I am so happy that wave accomplished what they were striving for, we still have a long way to go.

There's no doubt in the world that women are not equal; literally, no one said that we were. What was the point of mentioning that you are physically fit and unable to drag an almost 200-pound man back to safety in a war zone? While we are built differently, it's hard to just state that due to our physical differences that equality is not possible. Feminism is alive, thriving, and well.

Yes, we may think differently than our male counterparts but that does not destroy anything that Feminism stands for.

The Trump and Twitter comments are also irrelevant to the Feminism argument because Feminism is not stating that we are equal. Everyone knows that men and women are not equal. That is why Feminism is necessary.

I won't stop calling myself a feminist until we have reached the equality that we long for. There is a disparity among women and we want to close the gaps that are prevalent in our society.

I also can't stop laughing at how hard you attempted to sound clever in your closing sentence, that it actually solidified the need for equality across all areas of society (including education.)