15 Easy Halloween Costumes For You And Your Squad

Because Halloween costumes are not something you should stress over.

123

October is a crazy month. So much is going on, everything seems hectic, and there doesn't seem to be enough time to get things done. As a college student, the midterm season ends slightly before Halloween. This means that it's a real pain for us to plan, make, or buy our costumes. But Halloween costumes shouldn't be something to stress over or break the bank on.

Here are 15 simple Halloween costumes for you and your friend group:

1. Drinks on us

Dress up as your group's go-to drink! For the Whiteclaw and Truly crews, wear all white and attach a picture of the can to the front of your tops. Each person in your group can be a different flavor. If you're more of a beer person, do the same for your favorite brand.

2. F*ckboys

Throw on some grey sweatpants, a hoodie you got in high school, and sneakers you've had for too long. Plus, if you really want to get in character, you could send a mass SnapChat or ghost someone!

3. The Real Housewives

Wear a tight dress, heels, flashy jewelry, and grab a cocktail glass. Then, to add your very own twist to it, have each of you hold an item special to your group. The Real Housewives of Atlanta hold a peach, so get creative with it.

4. Victoria Secret Angels

Grab the sexiest underwear and bra you own and throw a smooth, silky robe over it. Add a pair of heels, some dynamite makeup, and, if you want to go all out, a pair of wings. Taylor Hill is shaking.

5. Babies

This is a perfect excuse to wear a onesie and slippers outside of your house. Throw your hair into pigtails, grab a pacifier, and hold a milk bottle in one hand and a teddy bear in the other. This is simple and comfortable!

6. Who let the dogs out?

Put on some black leggings or dark jeans and a plain top. Then, add some dog ears, a collar, a tail, and a bone. If you really want to get crazy with it–or just get a really cute picture–one person in the group can be the dog walker and hold a leash attached to everyone else.

7. Saints and sinners

Channel your inner devil or angel by dressing up like a saint or a sinner. I'm sure everyone has at least one red or white clothing item in their closet, so this should be really easy. You could also always hook it up with a halo, wings, devil ears, a devil tail, and a red pitchfork.

8. Zodiacs

You and the gang can dress up like your zodiac signs. If you're a Leo like me, you'd dress like a lion. This is a really simple idea, but it allows you to get really unique with it.

9. Candyshop

This one's super easy: all you need to do is replicate the wrapper of your favorite candy. Put on some simple clothes that match the color of the wrapper and tape a picture of it to your top.

10. Salt, Tequila, and Lime

On top, the three of you can wear white, whatever color your favorite bottle of tequila is, and light green, respectively. You can wear whatever you want as bottoms. To top it off, write with markers, put on letter stickers, or tape a piece of paper to your shirt with "SALT", "TEQUILA", and "LIME".

11. Yay! Sports!

It's really easy to dress like an athlete of some sort. I've always wanted to be a boxer for Halloween so I have an excuse to wear a sports bra and spandex over a silk robe with boxer braids.

12. The ‘rents

It's never a bad idea to act like your twenty-five years older than you actually are and pose as parents. Wear something your mom or dad would wear and spend the night being them. One time my best friend and I bought matching "Fordham Mom" shirts from our school's bookstore, cropped them, and called ourselves "Fordham mamís" for the night.

13. Christmas came early

If you feel like you're in a ~Christmassy~ mood, you could always dress like Santa's coming to town. Plus, the clothes worn to celebrate this holiday are usually really cozy, which is perfect for a cold October night.

14. “Things”

I'm guessing you've heard of The Cat in the Hat, so you know who Thing 1 and Thing 2 are. But there's no reason why there can't be more than just two. All you need is a red shirt and a white piece of paper attached to your top that says "Thing" and then add your number.

15. Characters from your favorite TV show or movie

Well, this is pretty self-explanatory; it's time to bring some life to those favorite fictional characters of yours.