10 Halloween Dorm Decorating Ideas

10 Halloween Dorm Decorating Ideas

The best ways to make your room look SPOOKtacular!

2796
10 Halloween Dorm Decorating Ideas
Brit+Co

Happy October, everyone! Now that September is finally over, it's time to get into the Halloween spirit and prepare for one of the best holidays in the U.S. If you're a college student like me, you probably don't dress up for school or go trick or treating anymore, but chances are that you still like Halloween. If that's the case and you're thinking of possibly decorating your room, then here are 10 Halloween Dorm Decorating Ideas!

1. Cobwebs

If you're looking for an easy way to decorate your room, cobwebs are the perfect choice! One bag should cost you no more than $10, and all you have to do is stick it on your wall!

2. Paper Ghost Garland

This garland is super easy to make, and it looks cute too! All you have to do is print out the ghosts and cut them, or make your own with white printer/construction paper. The garland can be made by cutting strips of colored paper and taping them together into rings. Here is a website with ghost printables and more detailed instructions for the garland.

3. Pumpkins

Pumpkins are an obvious choice, and a good one too! You should have no problem finding them in all different sizes in stores, and can carve faces into them if you'd like.

4. Mummified door

Mummifying your dorm room door is a great way to get in the spirit of Halloween, and you might even win a door decorating contest if your residence hall hosts that. All you'll have to do is cover your door with toilet paper/white streamers, and then add eyes in the middle. The eyes can be made by cutting out circles in colored construction paper, taping the circles together, and then taping the final piece to the door. You can add black construction paper in the back for contrast, but it's not necessary if your door is already a dark color (like brown wood).

5. Paper bats

These bats are a little more complicated to make, but if you're bored one day and want to decorate your wall, try this! All you have to do is cut out a bat stensil, trace it on black construction paper, cut the bats out, and then tape them onto your wall. You can bend the bats' wings to make them pop out if you'd like. An easier method is just printing out black bats on printer paper, but they probably won't look good as the construction paper ones.

6. Mummy Jars

Many college students have cups or jars to keep pencils, pens, markers, etc. in, and if that's you, this is a cool way to decorate! All you need is some gauze, wiggly eyes, tape, Elmer's glue/Mod Podge, and optional electric candles. Here is a tutorial to follow.

7. Frankenstein door

Here's another awesome door decorating idea! All you would need is green streamers, white and black construction paper, scissors, tape, and a ruler. The instructions are pretty self explanatory, and that's why this is a really easy way to decorate.

8. Caution tap

This kind of tape shouldn't cost you more than $10 either, and it's such a simple way to make your room more Halloween themed. I personally wouldn't cover my entire wall like the picture above, but maybe adding a little bit on your door or a portion of a wall would be a good idea.

9. Black and orange streamers

This picture obviously isn't of a dorm room, but the streamers still look really nice!! They're not expensive at all, and they look super nice when twisted and taped to the wall. I wouldn't suggest taping them to the ceiling because that's not allowed in some residene halls, but putting them on the wall should be okay!

10. Pumpkin wall decorations

Finally, here's another super easy wall decorating idea! You can either cut out pumpkin shapes in orange construction papers and then draw faces on them, or just cut out pumpkin stencils. Here is a pumpkin printable sheet that you can print to make your life easier!

Well, there you have it! These are 10 super easy Halloween Dorm Decorating Ideas that any college student can do, and if you're interested in more ideas, I would suggest checking out Halloween DIY videos on Youtube!