Duke Will Conquer March Madness.

Don't Even Think About An Upset, Duke Will Undoubtedly Conquer March Madness

Take a deep breathe, we are past Central Florida's wraith.

68

Welcome to March. This is likely a basketball fan's favorite month. College professors are forced into a position to call out any students who are busy watching the first round of 64 teams go to war on their laptops, instead of taking notes during their lecture. It is finally time we check our priorities. I propose we agree to set all other responsibilities aside until the NCAA tournament is complete.

Although exciting times like these create a sense of urgency to fill out a $5 bracket, pick an underdog contender that is not Duke to feel rebellious or even proud. There is no reason for this. Put your pride aside and put cash on those Blue Devils.

Some basketball fans believe after watching Duke almost lose it all, to a hard-working nine seed, they have nothing left. Although the Blue Devils gave the basketball community a heart attack as we witnessed a too close for comfort 77 to 76 lucky break, they still have an elite team to shake the tournament up.

"Coach K" 

Not to mention coaching the Olympics, Mike Krzyzewski has led the Blue Devils to five NCAA Championships, 12 Final Fours, 12 ACC regular season titles, and 15 ACC Tournament championships. Mike Krzyzewski has the most wins of any coach in college basketball history. In second place for men's NCAA Championships with six wins, behind John Wooden, with a total of 10, Krzyzewski hopes to play his final game of 2019 in the same city, Minneapolis, where four of his previous titles maintaining ties in Minnesota. History has the Blue Devil's back.

Cam Reddish, we hear you!

Talk about solid. Cam Reddish proves to his team he is more than just another role player to assist Zion or RJ. A deadly perimeter shooter, hitting 33.33% of the three-pointers taken, Cam isn't here to play games. With: four rebounds, two assist, and thirteen points, Cam came up clutch in a very close win against Central Florida.

Tre Taking Role.

Every team needs a few solid role players. For Duke, that main guy is Tre Jones. A two time Gatorade Player of the Year, McDonald's All-American, and also received the Minnesota Mr. Basketball honor entering college ball. Tre averaged nine points, four rebounds, and five assist during the regular season. Recently against Central Florida, Tre came up 11 points, three rebounds, ad four assist. Although these numbers are far from unexpected from a freshman role player, Jones will need to step up and continue his game to ensure Duke survives March.

The second pick of the NBA draft goes to...

One of Duke's many powerful freshman, NBA prospect, RJ Barrett leaves it all on the court. Averaging: 45.7FG%, 66.2FT%, 7.5REB, 4.1AST, 0.5 BLK, 0.9 STL, 1.9 PF, 3.2TO, and 22.9PTS. On March 22, Barrett lead the team in both points and rebounds with 26 points and 14 rebounds in an 85–62 necessary win over #16 North Dakota State in the NCAA Tournament. RJ is an athlete that will run the show with his physicality and tremendous work ethic. You do not want to be guarding this man. Many NBA mock drafts show Barrett joining his teammate Williamson in the top three draft picks.

We need Thanos, or 6'7, 285 pound Zion.

It's all about Zion. Say what you want, but the future of the NBA is currently in a blue and white uniform with a big number one. Freshman Zion Williamson is built like a tank with the ability to move around the court like a point guard. Averaging: 69.3FG%, 65.4FT%, 8.9REB, 2.1AST, 01.8 BLK, 2.2 STL, 2.0 PF, 2.3TO, and 22.1PTS, according to ESPN. Duke's odds fall nearly 10 percent per matchup when Zion is out. With Zion, they have a 28.8 percentage chance of winning it all, and a 41.5 percent chance of advancing to at least the championship game. Without him, those odds drop to 10.7 percent and 20.1 percent, respectively.

Duke basketball is to be feared and with only five losses, they are. With at least three future NBA all-stars, watch "Coach K" and the dynamic duo, RJ and Zion, take on the most competitive tournament in sports history. For Duke to continue their success, they need to put their incredible talent together and make it fit like a puzzle. With the hunger for success the Blue Devils have, nothing will stop them from eating up any pest in their way as they work toward Minneapolis.