The Emotions Of March Madness

The Emotions Of March Madness

March Madness has us all in the feels, and a wide range of feels at that.

60
The Emotions Of March Madness
scpr.org

As March Madness picks up speed, it's important that we recognize and prepare for the wide range of emotions that accompany the best and, at times, most trying, time of year. What better way to do that than with the hilariously accurate emotional characters of Disney's
"Inside Out."

Excitement

Selection Sunday hits us all in the feels. No one can wait for the most awaited college sports event of the year.

Anxiety

OK. So we're excited, but are we really ready? Is our team ready? What if something crazy happens in the first round and it's over? *Cue the grey hair.*

Suspense

The moment before tip off. The silence before free throws. The last seconds of overtime. These players are trying to kill us... we still love it though.

Frustration

"I swear if he does that one more time I'm going to-" *Player, coach, referee does said thing that is going to make you do whatever you were about to say you were going to do when said abomination happened.

Disgust

The way those fans are behaving, can you believe that? We'll leave out the fact that your team would do the exact same thing but still. Have some chill.

Anger

This is past frustration and disgust. This is straight up hate-fueled, all-consuming rage.

Sadness

March Madness Sadness is inevitable. Beloved players are injured and for those less fortunate, beloved teams lose.

Joy

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times." Thanks, Dumbledore. Even in seemingly hopeless situations, no one can resist the elation that comes with a good dunk. For the lucky ones, the joy after a W is even better.

Camaraderie

Chances are, everyone is watching with friends, family and loved ones. For those who aren't, team loyalty has an insane power to bring everyone together.

Pride

As with joy, no matter how our favorite pick is faring, they always make us proud whether its with great plays, hard work or sportsmanship.

Hope

Win or lose, March Madness gives teams and supporters alike hope for future success.

Closure

Yes, March Madness, to be exact. Until next year.