Dropping Out Of College

Dropping Out Of College

The worst idea.

31
Dropping Out Of College
media.licdn.com

“Nothing matters. I have known that for a long time. So nothing is worth doing. That I just realized,” Janne Teller says. All college students must’ve gone through this. There comes a time when everything is so stressful, everything just doesn’t matter anymore.

Why is it that studying is worthwhile? It's different for every student. You get to college with great expectations. You go through your first semester, thinking, this isn't that bad. New friends, new place to live; a whole new life. No, you might not be homesick, but you feel like something is missing.

In your second semester, you start realizing that there are way more things to do. Classes start getting more stressful. The need for more scholarships or a way to keep studying arises. Maybe you’re not quite sure about your major. There are many things that might go through your mind if you’re thinking of dropping out of college. Four years go really fast, anyway. You are going to have a job.

You think about the ways you can make everything worthwhile. The possibility of taking a semester off. Taking classes, reviewing, and thinking that you might be more prepared afterward. Everything is just an illusion. You won’t study; you will get tired of the same thing, the same boring life you would have to handle, and everything would be happening just because you couldn’t put more effort into things you could’ve done better.

Why would you stay in college then? I can think of three reasons. You’ll make the best friends in college, the ones that will be with you all your life. High school brought part of those. The difference is that rather than growing up with them, you get to discover who they really are. You get to study the topics that you like. If you are like me, who likes everything, good luck. You might not have enough time to study everything you would like, but there will be plenty of time afterward. Even more than just studying, you grow, and keep growing as a person. There is always something that will cheer you up. If there is nothing, look deeper into yourself.

College might suck sometimes, and I might be just a freshman, but there is more than that. You’ll laugh, you will cry, maybe you’ll fall in love; you might be brokenhearted. Even if you think it’s not enough, find something to complete it. If you think there is not enough time, keep studying. There is always graduate school.

Dropping out of college today would be the worst decision, because every day, there is someone else studying harder. Someone else who is more capable for your dream job. Going to graduate school could be the best way to keep living and motivating yourself. You might be able to find a new element, create a new way to save the planet, find the way to live in Mars. There is an infinately many possibilities to choose from, and as long as you believe you can do it, you just do it.