Please, I'm Begging You, Don't Return The Gift

Cherish the fact that someone took the time to buy or make you that gift.

7
Tookapic

It's the day after Christmas, and I know what all of you are thinking, Do I keep the gift or return it? I know year after year I get a gift that I do not like, but ya know what? I keep it. There has only been one incident where I have returned a Christmas gift, but I didn't technically return it, I just exchanged it for a different size.

When I did my Christmas shopping, the cashier always asked me, “Do you need a gift receipt?” No, I don't need one. If I am taking the time and spending money on a gift, the person receiving it better appreciate it. If there is a real problem with the gift, then the gift receiver can let me know.

Today is a very busy day in the retail industry. People flock to the mall and box stores to return the gifts they didn't like. However, I am writing to urge you to keep the gift.

Every year my great-grandma gives me some type of gift relating to being some type of a housewife. Last year it was an apron, and the year before that it was some type of dish. I don't know if it is a sign to get married and have a family, but she's in for a rude awakening if she thinks that happening anytime soon. However, I still could not imagine taking back any of the gifts she gave me. I have them stored away so I can always have something that reminds me of her. I also know she took the time to buy something for me. She is 88, and does not drive. So I know the trouble she went through to find a ride or get someone to pick the gift up for her. I could not imagine taking the time to return the gift she got me.

Everyone should relax and enjoy the time after the holidays. You can take a deep breath and not stress about making Christmas dinner or buying gifts. But whatever you do, do not return a gift you receive, simply because you may not like it. Cherish the fact that someone took the time to buy or make you that gift. Appreciate the time you have with your loved one.