What To Do When Things Just Don't Go Your Way

In some way shape or form, there is beauty in every living thing, embrace it.

13

Laugh at your own misery.

My life is filled with unbelievable moments, my friends tell me I should write a book. (Hence the blogging.) I mean really, I have a creative mind and I couldn't even make up half of what happens to me on a daily basis. How do I cope you ask? I laugh... I laugh all the time, I replay the moments out loud and it is impossible to not find them funny. I am literally the person that passed out donating plasma when I was trying to become a millionaire. I am the person that was struck in Target by the shopping cart of a woman you would think had been playing supermarket sweep. If you can't laugh at yourself, you are taking life way too seriously, there is not a single person in this world who is happy ALL OF THE TIME.

Focus on your own life and don't dwell on the fact that you aren't living someone else's.

I have been there, we all want to be that celebrity or the girl from high school that is married to a millionaire and lives in a high-rise apartment in New York City. That single friend on Facebook with the hot body that has the life you are absolutely yearning for is on there jealous of the mom with three adorable children. Let's face it people, we all only have one life so it's time to take every mishap and curveball life throws in our direction and let them shape us, every scar tells a story, and sometimes the deepest scars make for the best life lesson. Comparing yourself to others will always be exhausting because you know all of your flaws and none of the flaws of the next person.

Embrace the life you live.

You are beautiful! In some way shape or form, there is beauty in every living thing, embrace it. I know at times this is the hardest thing to do. When you fail at something, anything in general, it is inevitable to feel like a waste of space, but you aren't. That one failure is a tiny moment in a huge lifetime and I promise you it may feel like your world is crumbling, but the earth is still standing. If America can make it through this election, you can make it through this moment just keep your head above water long enough to find that out.

Lastly, just keep smiling.

I'm sure this sounds stupid and like such a cliche, but I swear it works. If you smile, other people around you will smile and it is so hard to feel negative when everyone around you is smiling. There has been one moment that changed my life about smiling and I am about to fill you all in on it. I was walking in an H-E-B, and I was devastated, I had a rough week and I actually thought my world had shattered. I was trying my hardest to keep it together, but I was failing miserably. I was walking down the vegetable aisle and a little boy in a basket, saw my face and asked me what happened to my smile. It wasn't until that moment that I realized I had lost it, my smile was gone and I didn't even realize so I looked at that little boy and I gave him the biggest smile I had ever worn and he smiled back at me. That moment just warmed my heart and made me realize that smiling could literally mend my broken heart. So moral of the story, a smile a day keeps the psychologist away.