Don't Be The Person Standing In Your Own Way

Stop saying no.

11
Good Therapy

Stop saying no.

When you’re little everyone tell you that you can be whatever you want to be. Your imagination goes wild. You want to be a princess, a doctor, a superhero. Each day you find something new and each day you fall in love with that thing.

The next year a few things are taken off of that list, then the next year a few more. Then suddenly you are 18 years old are you’re starting to really have to figure out what you want to do with your life. You have to pick a career, college, some path that will take you to success. However, there are always those people that have a huge influence on you, maybe they doubt you, maybe they laugh at what you want to do. You may even begin to hide what you really want to do and start convincing yourself that you would be better off doing something simpler. Maybe your dream just seemed too big and you were discouraged too many times.

Screw everyone else, get off your butt and do what you want to do.

There are always going to be people who doubt you. There are always going to be people who will laugh in your face and tell you that it is too unrealistic. Then one day, you realize that that person who is doubting you is the person looking back at you in the mirror. What happened to that person who dreamed to be everything they ever imagined. What happened to the person who found something that they would absolutely love? I’m willing to bet that they are still in there, they’re just hiding. Stop hiding that person. You have to take risks, you have to believe in yourself. What is going to happen to you if you always convince yourself that things are too hard or that your goals are too ridiculous. You’re goals aren't too ridiculous. What would have happened if Betty White believed that it was too risky to try and become a successful actress. Or how about if Barack Obama decided that it would be too hard and too unrealistic to run for president? It’s always going to be too hard if you never try. If you love something go out there and do it. Don’t stop because people are doubting you and don’t you dare start to doubt yourself. Go out there and try your damnedest to accomplished everything you’ve dreamed of because you can do it and you will do it, you just need to believe that you can.

If you’re looking for just one person to believe in you, I believe in you. There’s no better day than today to decide to believe in yourself and accomplish your dreams. It’s not ridiculous, it’s not too hard, it’s not unrealistic, and damn it, it will happen.