My Three Favorite Ways To Exercise Outside Of A Traditional Gym.

The gym is such a great place, but I would prefer to get outside or try new things to get sweaty.

22
Gracie Swift

There are ties when you can get into the same old routine at the gym. These are my top three favorite ways that I get out of the traditional gym to get my body moving.

Hiking

Living in Arizona, there is a plethora of mountains and trails to hike. Camelback mountain is among the most popular but there are many around the valley, in Flagstaff two hours away, etc. The most rewarding part about hiking is the feeling that you get after reaching the top & seeing the view! Always remember: bring enough water, pace yourself, wear the proper clothing, and bring snacks!

Hot Yoga

I am not going to lie, I was very hesitant about hot yoga. It seemed very over-hyped and not rally my speed. My friend Emily finally convinced me to go with her to a free class for college students. It is a lot of fun but something that you really have to give a chance. I guessed that I would sweat, but you sweat a lot more than you could ever guess. Which yes is gross, but it makes you feel like you actually did accomplish something by the end of class.

Spin Class

I have an entire article dedicated to my love for spin class here. Spin is such a great way to get your body moving, but also remember that it is something that takes practice to finally feel like you have a good grip on it. What to expect from a spin class: soreness, an uncomfortable feeling, but a sense of an all natural high.

There are so many ways that you can get active. I always try to push myself out of my comfort zone and try new things, I would encourage anyone who comes across this article to take that advice also!