We Can't Let Trump Win
Politics

We Can't Let Trump Win

A recent video reminds us that Trump is not a friend to women.

15
We Can't Let Trump Win
Gage Skidmore

The number of documented, inappropriate sexual interactions Donald Trump has had with women is overwhelming. The most recent example is a video that emerged on the internet from 2005. Earlier this month, the video of Donald Trump and Billy Bush's conversation on their ride to the Days of Our Lives set reemerged. The video is packed with a lot of vulgar and disrespectful statements regarding women. We hear Donald Trump say, "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." This, along with multiple other statements brought a lot of attention back to this old video. Because of this negative attention, Donald Trump put out a statement, stating that it was "locker-room banter, a private conversation..." This excuse of it being locker-room banter has led multiple athletes to come out with their own statements, disagreeing with this label. This video, documented from 2005, is not the first or the last of Donald Trump's offensive statements. Donald Trump continues to think of himself as an irresistible man and thinks that women should be grateful for the attention he decides to give them.

What else has Donald Trump said about women? A LOT. The list could go on with insults towards women as a whole and personal attacks. There are even numerous women that have come forward with accusations of Trump sexually assaulting them, including one accusation that has led to Donald Trump appearing at a hearing in December. In light of all of this, it continues to surprise me that Donald Trump has supporters, especially female supporters. While the video and other recent allegations have caused a lot of Trump supporters to abandon ship, there still are a handful of people that continue to support him. It will all come down to the election and depend on the number of votes that favor each side. This election doesn't have the strongest of candidates, no doubt, though to let someone as sexist as Trump be president would be a mistake. Remember, your vote counts.