passions, volunteer, actions

Do More Things That You Are Passionate About

All I can think about is the saying "Actions speak louder than words."

58
Alexandra Martin

As I'm planning for the upcoming school year, I am looking at all of my commitments. Some of them are planned so that I will be able to enjoy myself, but others are being planned because I want to make a difference. Regardless, it made me realize that I needed to focus more on the things that I am passionate about.

Although I think I am doing a good job with this, I know I can do better. I have recently joined a new organization called Next Chapter Book Club, where I spend time interacting with adults with disabilities. We get to read various books, answer comprehension questions, and get to know each other. I am passionate about giving these kinds of opportunities to people with disabilities, and I plan on finding other things like this.

Whenever I participate in events that involve something I'm passionate about, I find myself feeling complete happiness. It may be because I think that I am making a big difference, but it may also be because I love seeing the impact we are making. I never regret spending my time doing the things that I am passionate about. In fact, I wish that I had spent more time doing them.

People can tell whenever you feel strongly about a certain topic. All I can think about, though, is the saying "Actions speak louder than words." Sometimes this is the saying that allows us to focus in on what is important to us.

Let's take world hunger for an example. Like most people, you want world hunger to end because it is sad that people go days without getting any food at all. You may think you need to do something big about this, but you don't. If you're passionate about this you can donate food to different organizations to give to the homeless, you can volunteer at a soup kitchen, or you could raise money to send to other countries in need.

A thing that we all have to realize is that even if you are doing something small, it is better than doing nothing. If more people thought this way, then we would be even closer to solving certain issues. We can't be afraid to fail because it will ultimately happen. However, if you surround yourself with people who believe the same things, they will help you along the way.

I am very passionate about providing an education to children in general. I incorporated this into my summer job because I love seeing children excel. Even though I worked mainly with infants and toddlers, I could see them learning basic words and sounds. Those weren't just happy moments for me, but they were happy moments for their parents and themselves.

When you do things you are passionate about, it makes life even more worth living. It gives you a purpose, and it helps drive you to be the best possible person you can be.