9 Ways To Say I Love You Without Saying 'I Love You'
relationships

Everyone needs love, but not everyone knows how to say it.

207

With Valentine's Day coming up, it's important to show the ones you love that you care. Of course, materialistic gifts are a sign of love, but spreading love and appreciation to friends and family with gifts of kindness can also go a long way in showing people how important they truly are. However, if your relationship with someone isn't ready for the "I love you" conversation or you want to show love to a friend or a crush, here are some ways to say "I love you" without those specific three words:

1. I appreciate you.

media3.giphy.com

Sometimes it's just nice to know that someone is acknowledging what you do on a daily basis. Telling someone you appreciate them is a way of showing your gratitude and respect for that person.

2. Don't forget to drink water.

media.giphy.com

Yes, it's a silly and common reminder to drink water. But reminding someone something as simple as that is showing them that you care about their health and their well-being.

3. You are enough.

media.giphy.com

It's no secret that life is hard. Sometimes people just need to hear that they're doing just fine. This is a great way to tell someone that's feeling blue that you believe in them. And they should believe in themselves too.

4. You look healthy.

media.giphy.com

Compliments about one's looks can be flattering, but telling someone that they look healthy instead of beautiful or pretty shows that you're truly looking at their entire essence instead of just first impressions.

5. Have a great day today.

media.giphy.com

Again, it's a simple reminder to tell someone to have a great day. But what's nicer than wishing someone the best of luck? Don't forget that the simplest things can make the biggest impact on others.

6. Are you okay?

media.giphy.com

Asking someone how they're doing is a great way to show your love and appreciation. Being there to listen or to give someone their space is all someone can ask for in any relationship.

7. I trust you.

media.giphy.com

It's good to know when you have someone close you can rely on and it's even better to know that someone feels the same way about you. Telling someone you trust them, whether they've heard it before or not, is an effective way to remind them that you have their back and they have yours.

8. Breathe.

This is a daily reminder I think that everyone needs to hear. Whether someone is having a good day or a bad day, it never hurts to tell someone, especially someone you care for, to take a breath every once in a while. It will help them get through their day and know that someone is looking out for them.

9. Thank you for being you.

media.giphy.com

We've been taught that if someone does something good toward others, you thank them for their time and service. Well, what's a better way to say "thank you" than thanking them for being them? Being a friend, a significant other, a family member, etc. takes a lot of time and effort. Thanking them for being there will show them that you recognize what they do for you and that it deserves acknowledgment.

If none of these suggestions seem to express how you feel towards your special someone, then tell them what's on your mind! Everyone deserves love and affection, especially around this time of the year, and all it takes is for someone, like you, to reach out to those you care about! Happy Loving!