Depression Is...

Depression Is...

It eats you alive.

59
Depression Is...
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net

I never really understood what depression was until I got older, until I knew what it was like to be in someone's shoes. Depression isn’t a choice, it’s not to get people's attention to have them feel bad for you. Depression is a disease that eats you up inside. I suffer from it, and it is not fun. I feel embarrassed when someone finds out that I take medicine for depression. I don’t want that “Oh no, why do you have it? You’ll get out it.” or “You don’t have it, you’re just using it for the attention.” But no one has any idea what people feel inside-- they can show a different self-outside but really know what they feel like deep down.

Depression is always in your head.

Depression is never feeling good enough.

Depression is having a mask over your face.

Depression is lying to your friends, saying you aren’t feeling well, but actually laying in bed crying all night.

Depression is having no appetite.

Depression is not going outside even when it’s a beautiful day.

Depression is being overwhelmed 100% of the time.

Depression is faking you’re happy.

Depression is wanting to give up on everything.

Depression is feeling useless.

Depression is feeling unloved.

Depression is feeling numb all over.

Depression is staying in bed all day and night.

Depression is dark.

Depression is scary.

Depression is finding ways to not feel the pain anymore.

Depression is having a shadow follow you around.

Depression is the feeling of being lazy.

Depression is a way to trigger anxiety.

Depression is taking several medications to find the right one that really can make you feel you again.

Depression is not a phase.

Depression is something you can NOT ignore. It is not a thing that people just have, it is a big deal. It eats people alive until they don’t know what else to do in life. Instead of people saying to others “Oh, I’m sorry. You’ll be fine, it’s just today.” and “You don’t have it, you’re just trying to have others feel sorry for you.” people should step up, and find ways to help. Sometimes you have no idea how to help, but being on their side and giving the effort so they will know they aren’t crazy and they'll know that they have someone to count on.