Deflategate Suspension

Deflategate Suspension

Deflategate suspension stands.

9
Deflategate Suspension

New England Patriots Quarterback, Tom Brady, has tried many times to get his four-game suspension overturned. He went as far as the Supreme Court in hopes of getting it overturned but unfortunately, the suspension still stands. Today, the all-star quarterback and future hall-of-famer posted today on his Facebook that he will no longer proceed with the legal process and will instead, take the suspension. Many fans are not too pleased with this decision but at the same time, they know that he is making the right decision. As a result of the suspension, the backup quarterback, Jimmy Gorapollo will be taking over for the first four games of the season. It was a good decision for Brady to no longer take any legal action because it now gives Gorapollo his time to shine and lead the Patriots this season and will hopefully set the tone that they are the team to beat this season. With Gorapollo leading the team, the best case record for him will be either two games won and two games lost or three games won and one game lost during the absence of Tom Brady. I applaud Brady in his many various attempts to overturn the suspension however, it is better that he accepted it even if it is not the most popular decision and no matter how much the fans hate it.

I believe that it was a smart decision by Brady to accept the suspension no matter what. At first, I was happy to hear that he wanted to go all the way to the Supreme Court and fight it. Unfortunately, he did make it all the way to the Supreme Court but now his players want to help fight it for him. Throughout the year that the Deflategate has been happening, he is receiving support from his teammates, as well as his family and his coach, Bill Bellicheck. Brady believes that he was unfairly blamed for this but people have reason to believe that he did have something to do with Deflategate but he just didn't get caught. As for his teammates, they also believe that he was unfairly accused for deflating footballs during the AFC championship game against the Indianapolis Colts at Gillette Stadium. Having Brady suspended was a decision made by the commissioner of the NFL, Roger Godell. Even Brady is receiving support from the New England Patriots owner, Robert Kraft. He is very thankful for all the support he has been given even though the suspension will continue however, things could very well change if his teammates challenge the appeal. I have much respect for Brady. He has had many accomplishments throughout his career along with multiple Super Bowl trophies victories and five Super Bowl rings.