A Definitive Ranking Of Shameless Characters

Karen is the absolute worst.

32428
popwrapped

"Shameless" is one of those shows that hits you in the face out of nowhere. You constantly see it on social media, so one day you decide to try it out. And before you know it, you've watched the entire first season in one day and you want nothing more than to be a part of the Gallagher family. Here's a definitive ranking of "Shameless" characters.

Warning: if you haven't seen seasons 1-6, spoilers are ahead.

20. Karen

Karen is undoubtedly the worst character in this show. She's a spoiled brat who breaks Lip's heart into two, gets pregnant and tries to sell her baby for cash, and let's not forget her little "I hate my dad" phase.

19. Sammi

Nobody really understood why she wanted to take care of Frank so bad when he was dying, but we went with it. Then the tables turned. She literally tried to destroy the Gallagher family all because of her borderline creepy relationship with her son. She's just a horrible woman.

18. Svetlana

Not only is she a prostitute, but she threatens Ian if he doesn't stay away from her husband. Um, girl. You're the one who pretty much raped Mickey and then married him knowing he was gay.

17. Jody

Ok, am I the only one who was constantly confused by him? He was a nymphomaniac who was engaged to Karen, and then dated her mother and moved into their house. I still don't understand.

16. Chuckie

I debated even putting Chuckie on this list, but he sucks. He went to juvie and joined the white supremacy gang and got a tattoo if a swastika on his forehead. He gets slightly off the hook because of the fact that he has such a low I.Q, but we still don't like him.

15. Amanda

She was another extremely random character on this show. She casually broke up with her boyfriend and then started dating his roommate. She did nothing for Lip, and then scammed her father so he would give Lip $10,000. Remember when she put Lip's schedule on his bedroom wall? Definitely a stage 5 clinger.

14. Monica

She gets a little lee-way, considering she suffers from bipolar disorder, but she still sucks. The first time we meet her she literally comes with her girlfriend out of the blue and tries to steal Liam, then tries to kill herself in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner. A very selfish woman.

13. Frank

Considering he's basically the main character of this show, we don't want to hate him. When he's dying, you feel bad for him. You want to believe that deep down he has a good heart, but he makes it so hard. At the end of the day, he's still an alcoholic, drug-addicted, selfish man who abandoned all his kids. But, you do have to respect his patriotism and determination.

12. Sheila

Sheila has her major flaws: dating her daughter's ex, dating Frank, adopting five Native American kids who weren't hers, stealing her daughter's baby, and the whole deathly afraid of going outside thing. But, at the end of the day she's a kind woman. She's always there to help the Gallaghers and take care of little Hymie when no one else would.

11. Liam

Ok, let's be honest. Liam doesn't do much. He's literally a baby and he can barely talk, so it's hard to know what he'll be like when he grows up. But everyone loves him so much, and he is so stinking adorable.

10. Mandy

Oh Mandy. Her intentions are good, but her methods are not. She ran over Karen, but only because she knew Lip needed a way to get Karen out of his life. She always has Ian's back and pretends to be his girlfriend so people won't find out he's gay before he's ready to come out. She cares about her friends, she just has trouble sometimes.

9. Mickey

My heart breaks for him. He is so in love with Ian, and even though his dad literally tries to kill him after coming out of the closet, he's still comfortable with who he is. After a rough first couple of seasons, he comes around and shows his true love for Ian. Although, I do wish he was a better father to his kid, and maybe running a brothel isn't the best career choice, but whatever.

8. Steve

Steve! I am so angry at you only because I love you so much. He was so perfect at the beginning. He loved all of the Gallaghers so much, and was so good for Fiona, but then it all fell apart. His secret wife and sketchy endeavors really brought him down. Then, poof, he was gone. He just left with no closure. If the writers don't have something up their sleeve to bring him back, I will be an angry girl.

7. Ian

Poor Ian. Mickey and his relationship is just the cutest, and we all love him. But then comes the bipolar disorder, and hearts all over the country broke. He tried to steal a military plane, which was odd, and told Mickey he wouldn't wait for him while he was in jail, but can you really blame him?

6. Debbie

All of my frustration lies with Debbie. She was such a sweet kid who had the biggest heart in the world. But then came puberty, and it sure did it her hard. She gets pregnant and becomes nothing but a mean girl. I'd like to think that sweet little Deb is still somewhere inside her, and it's just the evil puberty monster that's making her act the way she is.

5. Vee

It's impossible to not love Vee. She's the definition of a best friend and doesn't take any crap from anyone. Not to mention the fact that her relationship with Kevin is goals. I feel like things would have fallen apart in season one without her.

4. Carl

Ok, Carl is a thug. He gets into selling drugs and guns at a very early age, and simply got in with the wrong crowd. But, then at the last second of season 5, he turns around. He lets his wall down and confesses he doesn't want to do it anymore. And, finally little Carl becomes a man. At the end of the day, he's a tough little dude and he's going to grow up to be the next Lip.

3. Fiona

Fiona has made some huge mistakes: when Liam gets ahold of her boyfriend's cocaine, when she sleeps with her boyfriend's brother, marrying that random band member, and lots of other things. But, at the end of the day, she's only human. She loves her siblings more than anything and would truly do anything for them, and that's pretty admirable.

2. Kevin

Kev is perfect. He's funny, cute, and works at the Alibi Room, a.k.a if it weren't for him, the whole cast of this show would probably hang out somewhere a lot less fun. He's a wonderful father, and even though he can't write, he's a guy that every girl wants.

1. Lip

Be still, my heart. Lip is perfect in every single way. He cares about his family and has the best head on his shoulders. He always knows how to fix things and is truly the glue that keeps the family together. This show would have ended a long time ago if it weren't for him. Not to mention the fact that he's literally a genius, and have you seen that jaw line?