Dear High School Graduate

Dear High School Graduate

97

Dear High School Graduate,

Congratulations! You made it! You have conquered high school and all its glory! You are completely finished with what you think may have been the roughest years of your life! Yes, I said "think" because things will more than likely get worse. However, these past years have been sculpting you into the person you were meant to be. You were realizing who you are and what you may want to become. But it doesn't stop here.

Keep going. It will get tough. There will be times where you just want to run home to momma. There will be times where ice cream and junk food just will not cut it. But you can do this. You can accomplish anything you set your mind to. You can accomplish anything that is coming your way. You are not weak. You are only as strong as you think you are.

College is not easy. It will be fun and life changing. It will be a time you will never forget. But one thing that you must never forget is that you were made for this. You were made to accomplish so much. All the times your teachers through those surprise pop quizzes at you and the times that you were struggling to study for that ACT since you were at the football game the night before are about to come into play. You were trained for this.

Don't forget to remember where you came from. Teachers have put time in to help you be able to achieve as much as you can in college. They want to see you succeed, believe it or not. Your parents have raised you for this. You can be anything you set your mind to.

High school was rough, but that's life. Don't give up. Don't back down. You are going to be great. No matter what the professor says, you are not hopeless.

Sincerely,

An alumni