Dear Colton...

Dear Colton...

We always pick the prettiest flowers, so God picks the greatest people to be with him.

23
Dear Colton...
Personal Image

I can't believe I have to write something about this.

I also can't believe that you'll never experience all of us growing up together and watching each other build our own homes and even our own families.

I can't believe that I have had to answer the phone, at 2:30 a.m., after your passing...because your best friend broke down as a person.

The world stopped Colton Osborne. Our eyes blinked one too many times and you are now our angel. You're the Angel who is playing some ball in the outfield. How's it up there in heaven? Beautiful I bet. I bet it's gorgeous, but it would be even better if Heaven could give you back. To rewind time and wake us all up from this nightmare.

I'll never forget the time where you smoked a cigarette and I told you, "Colt, that's gonna kill you one day" and the only thing you replied with "Well it might, but someone's gotta keep my daddy in business." That's why you're missed. You put others before yourself.

You gave your boys pep talks before every game. You gave them rides to school and rides to the firehouse. You gave them strength when times were tough. You pushed them into becoming better people. Colton, look at your friends. They're all wishing you could just walk in the door and tell everyone it was just a dream.

August 27th, 2016 will be one of the hardest day of some of our lives. Your birthday may be difficult because everyone is used to turning up with you, but your anniversary will truly hit hard.

Sadly, there is no waking up. This nightmare will never ever end. Six months down the road and your friends will be grieving the same amount then as they are now, time does not heal all wounds like most try saying.

You had plans for the future. Whether it was growing tobacco, becoming a firefighter, starting your own family, etc...but now instead your playing baseball and fighting fires against the Devil in Heaven for all of us back home.

Your friends? Please, pretty please, give them signs everyday that you are with them. Whether it's firetrucks, clouds that look like cotton balls, your baseball number, etc...they truly miss you. How could someone not miss you?

Colton, you could walk into anywhere with a huge smile on your face and I bet someone would smile right on back at you.

We are WAY too young to be experiencing this. Our small community has lost over ten individuals between the ages of 8-19, you would think that everyone needs a break. But we shouldn't question God's work. We never knew you were going to be the next name added to that list...we just never knew.

We never knew that the last place some would see you is at a football game, at the firehouse, in a parking lot, at a party, and many more places that the Ole White truck would take you.

My cousin, thought the WORLD of you, Colton, and for him I am forever grateful because I doubt we would have bonded at the fire house like we did if it wasn't for him. We all butt heads at times, like when you made me get my new boots soaked with soap but then sprayed them off so it wouldn't ruin them and it ruined them a little anyways.

You left your ring with me and laughed at me saying you were going to fight someone but had to have your ring so it'll hit a little harder, but you didn't want to hurt your ring.

You'd get super ticked off when people typed defiantly, rather than definitely. Lol, sorry for not having autocorrect that night.

It still hasn't hit me yet.
I'm sure it hasn't hit a lot of people yet.
It probably won't for a while, but in the mean time look out for your family and friends.

I wonder if you're up there wondering why in the world everyone is grieving, when you know that you'd be down here saying about how none of us should be wimps.

Take your time up there figuring out where the "electric stick" is and hitting dingers. Isaiah never found truly anything in the truck at first without your help, thank you for taking the time out of your night to prepare him for his tests on each of the engines.

Colton, without a doubt you will be missed. By many. No one ever had a bad thing to say about you unless you started talking crap and always using the phrase "thou shall not throw shade if thou shall not throw hands."

Watch over your brothers and sisters at the firehouse. Watch over your bestfriends while they're in school. Watch over your family as they were wishing it wasn't you that it happened to. Watch over all of us, who have experienced in some way, shape, or form how Colton Osborne could brighten anyone's day.

I'll never forget the night you got really mad that I called shotgun rider and you had to take the back seat, "little lady" is what you said standing outside of the passenger side window waiting for me to get out until Clarence yelled to get your tail in the dang truck and quit whining.

Thank you for always loving my articles and sharing them all of the time. Thank you for watching over all of us this past week as it has been truly hard. Keep watching over Tyler and pray that he pulls through.

We will miss you dearly. We love you, rest easy baby boy.

Love,
people who wish heaven wasn't so far away ❤️

If you wish to contribute to Tyler's fundraiser: https://www.gofundme.com/wilkinsstrong