Dear Cancer, We Hate You

Dear Cancer, We Hate You

You aren't welcome here.

10
Dear Cancer, We Hate You
Foundation for Women's Cancer

Cancer,

I'm sure you already know this, but everyone hates you. You're a good for nothing, life-ruining, disgusting piece of trash. I wish you would do everyone a favor and just vanish.

When you arrive you invade slowly but with force. You overtake anything that you cross and you don't feel an ounce of remorse. You never stop to think about the lives that your changing and how no matter what happens they won't ever be the same.

People try to combat you and sometimes they win and it's amazing. There will be cases where you leave for good and some cases where you trick your victim and make your way back. Sometimes you show up in the same place and sometimes you travel and show up somewhere else. People combat you over and over and sometime you just win.

We, as humans, beg you to stay away. We beg you to stop taking the lives of our loved ones. We beg you to stop making them sick and stop taking their personalities and smiles away. We beg you to go and never ever return.

You don't only take the strength out of those who you internally effect, but you also drain those who love your victims. You also make them stay up all night. You worry them. You make them sick to their stomachs with worry. If you win and you take their loved one, you take a piece of the families, too. You take a part of their heart and a part of their soul. You leave them only with photographs and memories of their loved one while you get to add a number to your arsenal. It's not fair.

I want you to feel disgusted with yourself, cancer. I want you to sit back and take a look at everything you have destroyed. Take a look at all the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends you have stripped away without a second thought. Take a look at all the proms that won't be danced at and weddings that won't happen. All the field trips and won't be taken and awards that won't be received.

You are a plague and you are not welcome.

Dear Cancer,

Please exit and never come back. You are not welcome.

Sincerely,

The human race