7 Ways to Cure Boredom While Social Distancing

Who knows how long we'll be inside? Let's make it fun!

160

Who knows how long we'll be stuck inside our houses? Instead of going stir-crazy, let's figure out how to have fun during a pandemic!

Create a vision board on ​Pinterest.

https://kaboompics.com/photo/6522/violet-2018-day-planner-macbook-laptop

This time in the world can be scary for many. I recommend relieving some anxiety by creating a vision board on Pinterest. Enter into your imagination and think about what you want your dream life to look like. Do you have a specific profession you're pursuing? Any health goals? Search up your objectives and save pictures and tips to your vision board. Once you're done, you can feel a sense of pride and optimism scrolling through your future life.

Get creative!

https://kaboompics.com/photo/10923/a-woman-paints-with-watercolors

Whether you like to engage in artistic expression or would like to try it, this tip could take your mind off of your anxiety or chronic boredom. Get out your 64-pack of crayons and draw without judgement. Paint a self-portrait! Don't know what to make? Search on Pinterest for ideas! Or are you a musician? Write a song! Dive into your creative intuitions and be mindful of the moment. Your artistic creation will set you free from boredom.

Clean your space!

https://kaboompics.com/photo/9042/white-bedroom-interior-with-window-coffee-and-small-lamp-on-side-table

Don't just sweep your mess underneath your bed. DEEP CLEAN! You have the time. Maybe you'll discover a long-lost shirt or a macaroni picture you made in elementary school. In addition, cleaning frees up space in your mind. So rearrange your furniture or get rid of some clothes. Since you'll be spending a lot of time in your room, cleaning or rearranging your space will be refreshing.

Hang out with your friends!

https://kaboompics.com/photo/13813/a-brunette-woman-works-with-a-laptop-and-a-phone

Okay, obviously you can't physically hang out with your friends but you can spend time with them virtually. Hop on a video chatting platform like Facetime, Oovoo, or, dare I say, Zoom. You can even invite your friends to play popular games online like Cards Against Humanity, Monopoly, Uno, various card games, and more. Ever heard of Flockdraw? You and your friends can digitally draw on the site and guess each other's picture. Or how about Netflix Party? This Google Chrome extension allows you and your friends to watch Netflix movies and shows together, experiencing entertainment in real time together.

Start a new series.

https://pixabay.com/photos/netflix-living-room-relaxation-4011807/

Speaking of Netflix, how about curing your boredom with a new show? Delving into the plot line and characters of a series will take your mind off of the fact that you're stuck in the house. I recommend Netflix's "Sex Education", "You", or "The Society." Or if you're in for a long haul, I recommend "The Vampire Diaries", "Reign", or "Gossip Girl."

Do the thing you've been putting off!

https://kaboompics.com/photo/8072/man-hand-holding-a-green-marker-pen

I can't tell you exactly what this is, but you know what I'm talking about. Now that you have more time on your hands, do that thing you've been putting to the side. This could be a tedious errand or passion of yours and now that you are social distancing, you have the opportunity to complete it.

Listen to a new podcast.

https://kaboompics.com/photo/1410/white-laptop-with-smartphone-and-headphones

Podcasts are perfect for exploring your interests in a non-commited way. You can listen while you're in the shower, cleaning, or just doing something that doesn't require too much attention. Even so, podcasts can offer more joy to your day as you learn more about topics you're interested in. Some of my favorites are "Say More", "The Bechdal Cast", "Disney Story Origins", and "Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations." If these podcasts don't pertain to your interests, there are many more available on basically any topic.

Whether you're anxious about the Coronavirus or bored because of social distancing, I hope these ideas help to brighten your day.