4 Reasons Why You Need To Try Cryotherapy

Find out if one of the biggest social media health trends really works!

100

Fitness and health trends are always out there! What's the newest fad to try out or to follow? Do they really work? Well, I like being one of those people to try the latest things and the newest one I have found might just be the best yet in my eyes!

Unless you have been living under a rock, I'm sure you all have heard about Cryotherapy. If you have not heard about it, Cryotherapy is where you stand within what appears to be a cylinder shaped machine (I think it looks like a time machine) and emerge yourself in cold, dry air that is -290 degrees Fahrenheit (yes, you read that right!) for 3 minutes with almost no clothing on.

Now, I'm sure you're asking yourself "Why would somebody put themselves through that torture? That's freezing!" and you're right...it's pretty dang cold. BUT, there are so many crazy good health benefits from doing this treatment weekly.

Health Benefits From Cryotherapy:

1. Increases metabolism:

The increase of blood circulation caused by the extremely cold temperature results in more oxygenated blood running through the body. This, in return, causes your metabolic rate to boost up! Weight loss can be seen with this, but a healthy diet and workout plan must be in the picture, as well!

2. Better skin:

Cryo stimulates collagen production in the deeper layers of your skin which reduce fine lines, wrinkles and can reduce some acne!

3. Rapid athletic recovery:

The cold temperatures will increase blood circulation and oxygen levels. As a result, you'll be able to recover faster, reduce inflammation or pain, and recover your muscles from an intense workout you may have had earlier that day.

4. Improved Health and Well-Being:

When we take care of our bodies and treat them how they should be treated, they will thank us immensely. Cryo will reduce pain and inflammation. This can result in an improved sleeping cycle, immune system, and lower stress levels, as well.

My Cryo Experience:

Within the three weeks of attending CryoTherapy Plus in Fairlawn, Ohio I have actually really enjoyed it! Cryo is something else. Although I'm a freeze baby and I hate hate hate cold weather, the girls at this facility are great at talking to me during the 3-minute treatment to make the time fly by! I leave the sessions feeling full of energy and with no pain whatsoever! I decided to do these treatments due to a shoulder injury that never seems to heal completely. My entire body feels numb (similar to an ice bath) after the treatment, but I really do see myself continuing Cryotherapy due to the fact that it improves overall health! The one thing I must add to this is that this is not a "one and done" type deal. I feel like you would defiantly need to do this on a weekly basis for months in order to see long-term results for pain and recovery, but I do suggest everyone try it out. It's really fun!