5 Cookie Recipes For National Cookie Day
food

5 Cookie Recipes For National Cookie Day That Will Make Everyone Think You’re Betty Crocker

Your coworkers, friends, and family will be impressed.

26
https://unsplash.com/photos/fVYjidl4YD4

Today is the best day in the world, aka National Cookie Day! Now, instead of going out and buying a box of sub-par cookies that will hardly impress your friends, family, and coworkers, how about you turn on Fixer Upper, the oven, and bake some homemade cookies?

You may not be the best baker, or even know how to bake cookies, but lucky for you, I have the 5 best cookie recipes to cook on National Cookie Day and they will trick everyone into thinking you're a pro baker.

1. Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies

Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies

Mouthwatering much? This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves a sweet and salty combo and can be made by any beginner. Just follow the direction, and you will be golden.

Ingredients:

• 1 Cup butter
  • 2 ½ cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
  • 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4 butterscotch chips
  • ¾ semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
  • Flaked sea salt

Instructions:

• Melt butter over medium heat, then bring to a boil. Swirl the pan until the butter passes the foamy phase and becomes a deep amber color. Remove and cool the butter for 20 minutes.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • In a large bowl whisk all ingredients together besides butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and pretzels.
  • Add the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and pretzels.
  • Roll dough into medium-sized balls and bake for 10-12 minutes. Add a tiny pinch of flaked sea salt on top of cookies while cooling.

2. Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Caramel-Filled Cookies

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Caramel-Filled Cookies

This is the classic chocolate chip cookie taken to a whole other level. If you want to impress your friends with your non-existent cooking skills, this is the way to go.

Ingredients:

• ¾ cup butter softened
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 12 Ghiradelli Caramel squares, unwrapped

Instructions:

• Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
  • Grease a muffin top pan or deep dish cookie pan with cooking spray.
  • Whisk all ingredients together, minus the caramel squares.
  • Put a little bit of dough at the bottom of each pan and top with caramel squares. Add more dough on top to cover.
  • Bake 12-15 minutes

3. Paleo Snickerdoodles

Paleo Snicker Doodles

Don't think I forgot you Paleo people. This amazing recipe tastes better than the original recipe and your friends won't even realize it's paleo! Grab your almond flour and maple syrup and get started!

*TIP: You need to SIFT the flour*

Ingredients:

• 1/2 softened butter (or coconut oil)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups sifted almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling in)
  • 2 tsp cinnamon (for rolling in)

Instructions:

• Mix together the butter or coconut oil, sugar, and syrup, with a mixer until creamy.
  • Add in egg and vanilla and mix until creamy.
  • Sift in almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix.
  • Place in fridge for about an hour (or freezer for 20 min).
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Shape dough into small balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar mix. Place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
  • Flatten with a fork (do that cute crisscross design if you want to be fancy).
  • Bake for 9 minutes and cool.

4. The BEST Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe claims to be the best chocolate chip cookies, and the photo looks amazing, so we are just going to assume they aren't lying. One review said they were, "like a cookie pillow." So that's promising.

Ingredients:

• 8 tablespoons of salted butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips (use a combo of chips and chocolate chunks)

Instructions:

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Add ingredients together (besides the chips and chunks).
  • Add the chips and chunks and stir in lightly.
  • Roll the dough into 12 large balls and place on a cookie sheet.
  • Let cool for 30 minutes (I know you have the self-control).

5. Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut Butter Cookies

No one can ever deny one of these beauties. They can be fun to make if you want to mix things up, but still, keep things simple.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 cup Butter
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 1/3 cup Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 24 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)

Instructions:

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Whisk ingredients together.
  • Roll into 1 inch balls. Then, roll them lightly in sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
  • Make a small indentation in the center of each cookie.
  • Bake 12-14 minutes.
  • Let cool, then place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.