There's a difference between love and abuse
relationships

There's a Difference Between Being Controlled And Thinking You Are In Love, And Actually Being In Love

There's a difference between someone caring about you and someone wanting to control you.

274
https://pixabay.com/en/lover-adult-bedroom-unhappy-bed-1822498/
https://unsplash.com/photos/FGqFhqIw2MU

There's a difference between asking if you got home OK and checking your location to see where you are.

There's a difference between an 'I want to talk Snapchat' and a, 'when she opens this her location will update and I can see if she is really where she said she was'

There's a difference when they ask who all is at a party with you to see if you are having a good time; from asking who all is there just see what guys or girls you are with.

There is a difference from having to ask to go out with your friends than just telling them you are going out with your friends.

There is a difference between being loved and being controlled.

A perfect relationship doesn't always stay perfect. It might start out all butterflies and rainbows then slowly start rotting. When you start to dread going to your significant other instead of asking to go see them, there is a problem.

Spending time with friends and family is a valuable thing. If they think that they are more important, there is a good chance they may be a red flag for a controlling relationship. You might think, "I'd rather be smothered to death than choked to death." Yes, sexual abuse and harassment are terrible things but that doesn't mean emotional abuse isn't any less scarring. Any type of abuse can put a tole on your local health. The worst is when you're too blind to see that you are being abused because there are no physical scars.

Your friends and family will tell you to leave them or stand up for yourself but you think nothing is wrong. When you are with them, everything is perfect and they just get a little jealous sometimes.

As much as we hate advice from our friends and relatives, we should listen to them because they see our world from a different perspective. And yes, they may love you, but there's a difference between love and wanting to dominate someone.

If every little thing you do becomes more and more wrong over time, there is a problem. The problem is that they are changing your self-image to something you hate. And there is nothing you can do about it until you realize what is happening. It might be weeks or months or years before you realize how far your mental health has descended. That is why it is important to pay attention to the little things.

If they buy you, little things or remembers things that are important to you then you are being loved. If they don't want to do anything you want to do and complain when they aren't lying in bed and having sex with you; you are being controlled. It doesn't matter if you like to have sex 10 million times or a couple of times a week. It should be up to you when are where you should be having sex, not because you just want to make your significant other happy and get it done and over with.

A lot of times there is a difference between being controlled and being loved. It is up to you when you decide which actions will be on what side of the border.

But I promise you will realize one day. It might not be anytime soon but you will know at some point. It's up to you when you decide to pay attention to the little things. You have to do it on your own time because loving yourself is the most important thing.