22 People Share The Best Thing Their Partner Has Ever Done For Them

Beyond Flowers And Chocolate, 22 People Share The Sweetest Their Partner Has Ever Done For Them

Past or present, these people never forgot these acts of kindness from the one they love/loved.

638

When you're in a relationship, you do a lot for the person you're dating. Some things you might not even realize you're doing can make their day that much better. Whether it's a big surprise for a birthday or a random small act of kindness, there's always something your boyfriend or girlfriend remembers, that they loved.

For me, it's a common occurrence for my boyfriend and me. I struggle with mental illnesses and some issues with my past. While it's gotten much better over the years, there are still days where I want to burst into tears or lay in bed all day. While many in the past have thought that the best thing would be to give me space, some not even bothering to understand, he does the opposite. He smothers me in the love I so desperately need to feel.

He reminds me that, while my past is apart of my life, it isn't directing my future. He'll play his guitar and sing me to soothe my heart back into its rightful heartbeat. It's the nicest thing any boyfriend has done for me and he continues to do it with each passing day.

Any kind gesture warms my heart big or small, I asked 32 people what the nicest thing their current/ ex S.O. did for them. These are some of the bigger gestures that warmed my heart.

​1. "The best thing they ever did was befriend my little brother. When we hung out, my little brother would sometimes do so as well, making my brother break out of his shell."

2. "​After working third shift over 13 hours every night, he would bring me breakfast and flowers almost every single morning. Sometimes just coffee and donuts, other times it was takeout from a local diner by our house."

3. "​He's stayed with me through my mental health, even the worst of it. Other people might have decided they couldn't stay around "that negativity" anymore, but he's still here and always there for me. It means the world, as someone who's been left behind before. (He also got me Wicked tickets, a close second!)"

4. "​We were texting for majority of the morning and he could tell I was having a bad day, without me even telling him, and texted me to come outside where he was waiting with flowers and two boxes of my favorite candy. It was the first time a boy had ever given me flowers."

5. "​Before leaving for Arizona (where he lives) he woke up in the morning, stole his brother's car, bought me flowers and came to my house because I was worried about our relationship."

6. " My favorite holiday is Halloween, so when I was leaving to go over to his place to go to a party I opened my door and on the doorstep was a box and inside it was a bouquet of flowers, chocolates and a note saying, 'Happy Halloween.' My ex was not perfect, but that small gesture was one I'll always look back on when I think of him."

7. "​My boyfriend sent me flowers because he knew I was going through a hard time with my parents having issues. My family was really suffering and him sending me those just showed how much he cared."

8. " Named my dog when I was too busy with my father's funeral. (Morbid but he took a weight of my shoulders I couldn't concentrate on at the time. Got the dog the day my dad went into the hospital. He passed 36 hours later.)"

9. "For Valentine's Day, my boyfriend bought me white roses (my favorite), serenaded me with the song 'Latch,' and spent the whole day with me. It was perfect."

10. "My boyfriend bought me a promise ring two-ish months into our relationship. It was the sweetest thing because I had always loved the idea of a promise ring and so did he. It also was sweet because he was leaving soon for the Navy so it was also a promise for him to come home to me."

11. "​Despite religious stigma he moved in with my family to help take care of my parents who are both disabled."

12. "​Gave me my daughter."

13. "​Surprised me by coming home from the military earlier"

Now, while big romantic gestures are sweet and endearing, often you don't have to do anything super expensive or fancy to get someone's heart.

14. "My ex-boyfriend gave me his favorite sweatshirt in 40-degree weather because I was literally shaking with mine on. I never gave it back even after we split up, so whoops."

15. "Made dinner and had a bottle of wine."

16. "Taken care of me when sick."

17. "Him treating me like I'm the only girl that matters and how I'm his princess."

18. "Stayed up late and texted me when I couldn't sleep because I was sick."

19. "A 'Things Remembered' engraved necklace."

20. "Woke me up one morning with Panera and an ice chai tea latte."

21. "Brought me chocolate covered strawberries."

22. "He, without fail, always buys my favorite candy every time he sees it in a store."

When you're in a relationship, it doesn't matter what you two are doing, as long as you are sharing your love with one another and enjoying have each other in your lives, that's what really matters. Love is a complex thing and while it may not always work out, it's nice to know you can look back on memories and always remember a time where you really loved each other.