Congrats, Centre Class Of 2016

Congrats, Centre Class Of 2016

12
Congrats, Centre Class Of 2016
Centre College Facebook Page

On May 22, 2016 the Centre College class of 2016 ended their four incredible years at Centre College with a walk across the Norton Center stage, a shake of President Roush's hand, and the collection of a Centre College bachelor degree.

When the class of 2016 came to Centre College, there were 356 new students, nearly equally split by gender (51 percent men and 49 percent women). Their average ACT test score was 28.3, up from 28.1 the previous year, and the midrange ACT score was from 26 to 31, with a median score of 29. There were 10 new Brown Fellows who hailed from from Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, Oregon and Tennessee, as well as from China. And there were 9 new Posse scholars from Boston.

During their time here, the group of 356 talented students saw the erection of the now famous Abraham Lincoln statue and the Eugene Brockman residential area. The sports teams that the class of 2016 were members of were all successful in their own right. Particular attention should be brought to the 2014 football team who went 10-0 in the regular season and to the women's soccer team who made it all the way to the final four in 2015.

The class of 2016 traveled to all corners of the world. Centre pennants were held proudly from Mexico to China to Costa Rica to England.

Now alumni, the class of 2016 will be continuing to make Centre proud with their future endeavors. From attending some of the most prestigious nursing schools in the country to working abroad in Germany and Mexico to starting work the Monday after they graduate, the class of 2016 is full of diverse talent and driven people.

Most notably, the class of 2016 is full of phenomenal people. They influenced teammates, peers, professors, and the Danville community. As they cultivated a loving and welcoming community up until the moment they left, one could only hope classes who follow in their footsteps may do the same.

Here's to you, class of 2016. Good luck wherever you go.