Confined No More

Confined No More

Escaping from the Confines of Society
0

"You'll be damned if you do, you'll be damned if you don't."

If these words so accurately capture our society today, then why do we bother to please everyone, all of their opinions.

Over the past few months, I've learned an important lesson, one that will help me through life: Do what makes you happy and don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks. Make sure that you're doing things that make you happy, not what makes others happy. It sounds like the easiest think to do, doesn't it? In a society where we are taught to please everyone and conform, this is a daunting task.

After realizing the importance of this lesson, I decided to try it, give it a test drive if you will. What have I learned? I'm a really awesome woman who can speak her mind and stand up for herself. I learned that I will never conform and give myself up for someone else ever again. Unspoken rules that society tells you to follow aren't real. I learned that anyone and everyone should try this lesson out.

I am who I am and don't have any regrets. Everyone is their own person. I'm happier and content. If the world was full of people who lived this way, doing what makes them happy (within reason), accepting and joy-giving would become second nature to us. Maybe the human species could see the beauty that surrounds us at all times.

So...