Compliments That Are Not About Physical Appearance

Because we could use more of these in our lives.
57

We all enjoy compliments, and the ones that are about how we look usually make us feel good. But we need more compliments in the world that aren't about one's physical appearance. Here's a list (with some help from Tumblr) of some beautiful and genuine compliments you can say to someone that are not about their physical appearance. I think they can make anybody feel great!

1. You're empowering.

2. I like your voice.

3. You're strong.

4. I think your ideas/beliefs matter.

5. I'm so happy you exist.

6. More people should be listening to what you have to say.

7. You're a very warm-hearted person.

8. It's nice seeing such kindness.

9. You're very down to earth.

10. You have a beautiful soul.

11. You inspire me to become a better person.

12. Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.

13. It's good to see someone care so much.

14. You're so understanding.

15. You matter a lot to me.

16. You're important even if you don't think so.

17. Your passion is contagious.

18. Your confidence is refreshing.

19. You're so talented at___________.

20. I don't get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.

21. You have great taste in__________.

22. I'm happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.

23. I wish more people were like you.

24. I hope we know each other for a really long time.

25. I'm so grateful for our friendship.

And finally, a few that will make you laugh:

26. I never thought fanny packs could look cool until you.

27. I bet if Britney Spears knew you, 2008 would have gone differently.

28. You call your grandma the exact right amount, and that makes me happy.

Just think about how much some of these would mean to somebody! I personally use quite a few of them, and I use them often. I think that making people smile and feel good about themselves is important, and it doesn't always have to be by a comment on how someone looks! I hope you use these compliments to bring many people joy, and that you can find them useful! Whether it's about calling your grandma, or showing how thankful you are for somebody, these are guaranteed to make a person feel warm and fuzzy inside!